• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Syracuse worries me

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

29 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

I'm afraid to ask.

A shot of what?

Hopefully water

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Ionbull said:

I'm afraid to ask.

A shot of what?

Tiger adrenaline.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, NCBull said:

Tiger adrenaline.

Adrenochrome

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (10/10) Movie CLIP - Too Much Adrenochrome (1998) HD

Edited by George Jenkins
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

This is precisely the type of game that we MUST win to move to the next level. There is no question that we are a better team than Syracuse, but we must bring it for 60 minutes and not let up. They will continue to run their hurry up offense, even if they are down by 21 points. The worry about this game is because of how poorly our teams HAD performed over the 4.5 seasons prior to last year's turnaround. If we go up to Cuse and take care of business (win by 14+ points) I think we finish with no worse than 2 loses on the season. 

One of my concerns is our ability to create turnovers. I know that NIU played it safe, but we didn't manage to get a single turnover. I will be watching the Cuse game closely hoping that we capitalize on their mistakes. We will absolutely need to force a few turnovers in order to have a shot against FSU. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

This is precisely the type of game that we MUST win to move to the next level. There is no question that we are a better team than Syracuse, but we must bring it for 60 minutes and not let up. They will continue to run their hurry up offense, even if they are down by 21 points. The worry about this game is because of how poorly our teams HAD performed over the 4.5 seasons prior to last year's turnaround. If we go up to Cuse and take care of business (win by 14+ points) I think we finish with no worse than 2 loses on the season. 

One of my concerns is our ability to create turnovers. I know that NIU played it safe, but we didn't manage to get a single turnover. I will be watching the Cuse game closely hoping that we capitalize on their mistakes. We will absolutely need to force a few turnovers in order to have a shot against FSU. 

Dungey is more of a gunslinger, I bet that helps a bit. I think a lot of us are still tentative at going all in for USF; been too hurt the last for years by head scratchers. Even Vegas is betting a high margin for us. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

It seems strange that this game is Syracuse's homecoming, especially since their other 2 games were at home.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

There is less zero chance that USF doesn't move the ball.  Syracuse absolutely can't stop our offense over the course of a game.  Will we have turnovers?  Will we cash in on opportunities?  Will we have dumb penalties?  Those are questions to be answered, but under no scenario does Syracuse stop or slow down USF.  They gave up 850 yards to Louisville. 

Next question becomes, will USF shut down Syracuse.  That's iffy.  Their QB Dungey is decent and does scare me a little.  They could very well put up points and make it a shootout, which is their only hope of winning.  I see it as, Flowers, Mack, etc., are just too powerful to be slowed down over the course of the game, but it wouldn't shock me for Syracuse to stay in it a while due to their offensive system.

I predicted 62-41 in the prediction thread.  I just don't see any way we don't score a lot, unless we just totally implode. 

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Unless we were being shy with the 4-2-5 blitzes the first two games, I agree. Cuse will score.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Unless we were being shy with the 4-2-5 blitzes the first two games, I agree. Cuse will score.

I believe we were. We didn't blitz much at all against Towson, but, when we did, it was effective. We ended up with 3 sacks and 7 tackles for loss.  Against NIU, they played ultra-conservative and, even so, we managed 2 sacks and 8 tackles for loss. I don't think we display a lot of different blitz packages against Cuse unless we have to. The interior of our d-line has been playing great and our DBs are great in coverage. The less we can show to FSU the better. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I believe we were. We didn't blitz much at all against Towson, but, when we did, it was effective. We ended up with 3 sacks and 7 tackles for loss.  Against NIU, they played ultra-conservative and, even so, we managed 2 sacks and 8 tackles for loss. I don't think we display a lot of different blitz packages against Cuse unless we have to. The interior of our d-line has been playing great and our DBs are great in coverage. The less we can show to FSU the better. 

No special packages as far as I saw; the guys played a lot of standard looks on both sides of the ball. Curious if the wrinkles get added here on Saturday.