• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Week 1 AAC Power Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

You're telling me that if they played at a neutral site next week, when Temple will get Jahad Thomas back, you would bet on UConn, UCF, and SMU over them?? You're insane

It's not about what they might can do, it is about what they did. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

53 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It's not about what they might can do, it is about what they did. 

That is for the polls, and regular rankings. That is where you judge solely on resume.

To me, power rankings are when you rank the best teams, top to bottom based on how good they are. I Think Temple should probably be about 6 after looking over it. We will see very soon though

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

That is for the polls, and regular rankings. That is where you judge solely on resume.

To me, power rankings are when you rank the best teams, top to bottom based on how good they are. I Think Temple should probably be about 6 after looking over it. We will see very soon though

Fair enough. Let's see how it plays out. I think Temple is way overrated. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

I hate to be that guy. But we didn't look THAT amazing on Saturday. Maybe we will down the stretch but saying we're the second best team in conference right now "just because" is drinking major koolaid for no reason. It's also why some people get so butthurt when we don't go 12-0 and are all FIRE TAGGART after one loss.

Just trying to realistic, we looked about the same as last year (9-4ish). Compare us with Houston right now and we're not even close. Now Houston, that's undoubtedly a really really REALLY good team, while we have many kinks to work out.

But always. Go Bulls.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

I hate to be that guy. But we didn't look THAT amazing on Saturday. Maybe we will down the stretch but saying we're the second best team in conference right now "just because" is drinking major koolaid for no reason. It's also why some people get so butthurt when we don't go 12-0 and are all FIRE TAGGART after one loss.

Just trying to realistic, we looked about the same as last year (9-4ish). Compare us with Houston right now and we're not even close. Now Houston, that's undoubtedly a really really REALLY good team, while we have many kinks to work out.

But always. Go Bulls.

Yeah but when half the conference played FCS foes in blowout wins its hard to rearrange based on that alone. Some preseason Bia's needs to go into it or otherwise you have C. Florida at #2 because they pitched a shutout. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Happy to lend a hand to @Tom_Schad this season with weekly AAC power rankings. Top two were cake. The rest? Meh.

CrsTMA0W8AAKW20.jpg

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Temple is wayyyy too high.  They showed some major issues that go far beyond not having Thomas.  Their offensive line was whipped all night by a very undersized Army DL.  Also their defense looked very soft up the middle without Matakevich and Loannidis.  It's always tough to play against a triple option team but they had all camp to prepare for it and they were just gutted up the middle by Army.  I find it hard to put a team that lost to a team like Army in the top four of the league until they prove that game was an aberration.  Especially with the issues on defense. Matakevich was the straw the stirred the drink there and gave them INSANE production from that spot. We just can't assume another player will step up and give them All American level production there.  I think Temple shows some big time regression this season.  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

30 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Temple is wayyyy too high.  They showed some major issues that go far beyond not having Thomas.  Their offensive line was whipped all night by a very undersized Army DL.  Also their defense looked very soft up the middle without Matakevich and Loannidis.  It's always tough to play against a triple option team but they had all camp to prepare for it and they were just gutted up the middle by Army.  I find it hard to put a team that lost to a team like Army in the top four of the league until they prove that game was an aberration.  Especially with the issues on defense. Matakevich was the straw the stirred the drink there and gave them INSANE production from that spot. We just can't assume another player will step up and give them All American level production there.  I think Temple shows some big time regression this season.  

I admitted that they should probably drop back to 6 with Memphis and Tulsa passing them up, but still ahead of Cincy, UConn, and ECU. 

Again, this was based on who I would bet on to win at a neutral site. And Jahad Thomas is expected to be back. Phillip Walker will be better. Temple will still be an 8-9+ win team in my opinion