• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Average year vs. great year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

5 hours ago, PCBull14 said:

I see your points but to that I would say wasn't that CJL's job to create depth. I mean the guy was here for fifteen years.

I think CWT will prove to be a better all around coach. I think the Jimmer struggled with X's and O's against some Big East coaches. Felt like we got simply schemed into a lost many times.

I think nine wins would be good. I don't see undefeated or even eleven wins, my green and gold goggles aren't that foggy yet!

I would have to agree with ya. To be fair, CJL was just getting USF to the point where he could start to recruit some depth and talent but it would appear that CWT has been able to lock down the bay in a way no other coach has even outside the P5. I can't speculate about X and Os  but one thing I have liked about CWT is that he has got rid of coaches who weren't producing...CJL was loyal to a fault.

Edited by Bull-Hornz

6 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Anything less than winning our division would be a disappointment. 9-3 or 10-2 is certainly within reach. QF is probably the most exciting QB we've had here, but I do believe we will lose at least one winnable game when an opponent stacks the box, and QF's accuracy issues show up again. Should be a fun year though. Stacked on both sided of the ball.

2 hours ago, Brad said:

For perspective, how far back do you go?

I could name at least three QBs who I would currently rank above QF, but if Q can get a handle on some of those throws he could surpass then all.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

5 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

I could name at least three QBs who I would currently rank above QF, but if Q can get a handle on some of those throws he could surpass then all.

The comment was most exciting QB we've had here and as far as exciting goes, IMO, only MG is ahead of him in that regard right now. If strictly talking overall qb period, he's probably 4th at this point, possibly, with a bullet ....

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

QF has the potential to be the greatest, but not quite yet. :)

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Pat Julmiste was very exciting. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The comment was most exciting QB we've had here and as far as exciting goes, IMO, only MG is ahead of him in that regard right now. If strictly talking overall qb period, he's probably 4th at this point, possibly, with a bullet ....

Yep my comment was in reference to excitement. Now if you ask me to choose between Marq, Grothe, and BJ....I would have a hard time.

Who are your 4?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

I started paying attention to USF Football around the end of the Pat Julmiste era. I don't know if QF is the best we've had....too soon to tell....but he is arguably the most exciting, and absolutely the most explosive. At least for me, I anticipate something big happening every time he touches the ball. I don't recall feeling that way as often with BJD or MG. Wish he was consistently accurate though. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

6 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

Yep my comment was in reference to excitement. Now if you ask me to choose between Marq, Grothe, and BJ....I would have a hard time.

Who are your 4?

We obviously have a different outlook on "exciting". MB and BJ were both great qb's for USF but I can't recall any "WTF just happened?" plays with either of them (of course, there probably were and I've just, not surprisingly, forgotten them) and that's kind of how I define "exciting".

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We obviously have a different outlook on "exciting". MB and BJ were both great qb's for USF but I can't recall any "WTF just happened?" plays with either of them (of course, there probably were and I've just, not surprisingly, forgotten them) and that's kind of how I define "exciting".

Hahaha...understood old man ;-) I am sure I will get there as well one day. Unfortunately I most likely can only pull up clips for BJ to refresh your memory.

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

BJ would've had more "exciting" plays if he didn't have a coach trying to convert him into a pocket passer.

• Upvote 2