• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My take from the game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Any streaker updates?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

27 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Finally some sense! Same sentiment I had. We played average and won by 36 against a team most said we needed our A game against. Now those same people are complaining lol. This fan base will make you bang you head into the wall.

We ran maybe 15 plays. I don't even think that many different plays saw a look. We will be just fine. If the starters played the whole game we score 70 easy. Same for the defense nothing exotic simple basic plays and give up an average of five points a quarter. Think I saw one exotic delayed blitz that lit the Towson QB up. I'll take it.

I'd also add that I watched the second and third quarters over again.  Flowers played pretty good.  He didn't make any bad throws.  The incompletions were a drop on a back shoulder pass to Adams (which even the announcer said should have been PI), he had a drop by Bronson on a slant he should have caught, he had a 31 yard pass dropped by Wilcox running up the right sideline (ball went threw his hands but Flowers could have taken a little off it)... and he also had a pass he appeared to throw away.... oh... he had a PI in the endzone when Bronson was in a jump ball with the corner who pulled him to the ground.  In there he threw a beautiful pass to Bronson, followed with one to Dillon...  If the second and third quarters are any indication on how he's going to play... we are going to be really good.  I'm watching the 4th as we speak.  Lots of subs but the interior oline with Smith, Galati, etc... they are good too.  

WRs are great blockers.  VS and Adams are big play guys.  We have a squad.  Just needed to get the timing in.  I like backup guys are getting to play early too. That will serve us well.  Lots of reps for everyone.   Oh... Mayes is going to be a good Tackle.  I'm just throwing that out there. 

Guest PCBull14
1 minute ago, Calibull said:

I'd also add that I watched the second and third quarters over again.  Flowers played pretty good.  He didn't make any bad throws.  The incompletions were a drop on a back shoulder pass to Adams (which even the announcer said should have been PI), he had a drop by Bronson on a slant he should have caught, he had a 31 yard pass dropped by Wilcox running up the right sideline (ball went threw his hands but Flowers could have taken a little off it)... and he also had a pass he appeared to throw away.... oh... he had a PI in the endzone when Bronson was in a jump ball with the corner who pulled him to the ground.  In there he threw a beautiful pass to Bronson, followed with one to Dillon...  If the second and third quarters are any indication on how he's going to play... we are going to be really good.  I'm watching the 4th as we speak.  Lots of subs but the interior oline with Smith, Galati, etc... they are good too.  

WRs are great blockers.  VS and Adams are big play guys.  We have a squad.  Just needed to get the timing in.  I like backup guys are getting to play early too. That will serve us well.  Lots of reps for everyone.   Oh... Mayes is going to be a good Tackle.  I'm just throwing that out there. 

#realprogram again.

Said the same thing. Flowers played better then the stats indicate if you take out the drops. Go Bulls! Party time and I expect a blowout of NIU.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Interesting observations. I'll definitely re-watch the game because I had my baby boys at their first bulls game. Most of my attention was on them honestly, so I only caught big plays on the big screen. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

7 hours ago, deters- said:

Kean on the other hand looked solid. Excellent velocity and good accuracy. Certainly a good backup option if ever needed. He reminds me of a white Bj Daniels.

He also reminded me of him.

BTW, nice to see BJ Daniels on the sideline during the pregame warmups.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

Most people wanted to just see improvement in Flowers passing, including me. He's in his 3rd year at the collegiate level and there hasnt been much. He is what he is....a play maker taking snaps.

No disrespect intended. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Nico Sawtelle is gonna be good at LB, moves really well, had amazing stats in HS.  At bull position looks like winstons cousin ladarrius jackson and vincent jackson played in the first half.  In the second half i saw juwuan brown bat down  apass and josh black sack the qb to end the game.  With so many playing I think depth chart could change quite a bit.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

5 hours ago, Calibull said:

lol...people... calm down, it was the season opener.  We ran a vanilla offense and defense against a team we easily beat.  Flowers missed on some passes but that to me was more to do with anxiousness.  

Well that makes me feel better.  Flowers is anxious against Towson.  Surely he'll be nice and relaxed when we play FSU or Houston...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

20 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Well that makes me feel better.  Flowers is anxious against Towson.  Surely he'll be nice and relaxed when we play FSU or Houston...

He's a lot better than he was last season, and by anxious I meant he rushed a couple of throws.  He settled and it was never an issue again.  USF fans just never forget the bad things... always forget good plays... and you'll never feel better.  It's just who you are.

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 2