• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

nm

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

22 hours ago, slick1ru2 said:

Not falling for any hype, been disappointed before.

I'm a Dolphins fan. Years of disappointment and mediocrity have conditioned me for this.

3 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

I'm a Dolphins fan. Years of disappointment and mediocrity have conditioned me for this.

I was a big Dolphins fan from the late 60s until The Don was kicked upstairs and Marino was gone. Still like them, but I couldn't get behind that train wreck so I started being a Bucs fan. So now I'm double screwed when it comes to NFL teams. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Once we find out about USF going to Big 12 or not, USF will need to get that OCS built. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

23 hours ago, slick1ru2 said:

Not falling for any hype, been disappointed before.

slick and I have not agreed on much for the last 11 years and 7 months, but I'm with him here.

I love the positive press and being the media darling, but I also know the pitfalls and just how inaccurate the media is.

I'll take it one game at a time, hoping we can continue to get better.  That WKU beating still rings in my ears.  I need to see some consistency.

Definitely more optimism this year than in the last 5 or so, but don't buy the hype. 

Hoping players are appropriately dialed in.  CWT is a celeb these days, need to "keep it real".

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

6 hours ago, Bull-Hornz said:

As someone who empathizes, I think something that was different last year is the team was peaking towards the end of season. As far as I can remember that was the first time that has happened. 

Some question marks on how the D will look and on the O line but definitely some reason to get excited about the offense.

Now to temper the positivity here, the 2010 squad under Skip won 5 of their last 7, including the bowl win over Clemson. And started off with even more momentum beating Notre Dame. I think we all know how things went from there.

I'm not saying things will go that way (I have us going to and winning the conference championship), but just throwing it out there

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Now to temper the positivity here, the 2010 squad under Skip won 5 of their last 7, including the bowl win over Clemson. And started off with even more momentum beating Notre Dame. I think we all know how things went from there.

I'm not saying things will go that way (I have us going to and winning the conference championship), but just throwing it out there

Yes, that was one of the last big let downs. I'm going week by week in expectations. I also agree that CWT and the team mustn't fall for the hype.  Tune it out, keep doing what you do.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

7 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

I just need to emphasize again that if Houston was in a P5 conference this year with the EXACT SAME credentials, they would be a top 5 team going into the season.

If they were in a P5 they wouldn't have the exact same credentials ...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

I would argue that the AAC slate is just as tough as the ACC's minus Clemson. Not so sure what else they need to prove? As a conference, the AAC was 6-4 vs the ACC, and Houston beat 4 ranked teams.  They also beat the second best team in the ACC by a lot. I'm confused what you mean by that Triple B?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

If they were in a P5 they wouldn't have the exact same credentials ...

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/dalvin-cook-200-yards-vs-houston-over-under.369197/page-2

If anybody dislikes FSU fans as much as I do, this will REALLY have you on the floor laughing. Dalvin Cook finished with 33 yards on 18 carries. That is 1.8 ypc. The comments on this page are pure gold. If you want to see his play during the game to top it off, here you go