• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Possible AAC Replacements

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Please God NO Marshall. Their academics is below Memphis and that is saying a lot. I would rather see the division's realigned and go after some MWC teams in the west. There is nothing on the east coast to look at, those programs do absoulty nothing. 

The problem is that I don't see us being able to reel in the likes of Boise State and Colorado State without completely renegotiating our TV deal(s). Even then, it will be daunting as there will be a lot of teams out West that are left behind in that scenario. I agree it would be the most desirable result, but I'm just not sure that is feasible. 

26 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Just my opinion .... I think Marshall and Northern Illinois have peaked. I think in football UMass has potential. Not based in any facts. 

Fair enough. I wasn't challenging your opinion, I was just curious to see if you had additional insight. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

We'd have to offer MWC teams something to merge.  It used to be we could offer more $$$ and a better shot at a BCS game.  I think those incentives are gone, although I don't really know how much $$$ MWC teams get - maybe they'd get more as part of the American?

In any case, my point is that it would have to be worth it for MWC teams to join us or vice versa.  

Otherwise, I'd like to see the American include as many military teams as possible (Army, Air Force in addition to Navy).  Gives us a little tradition and rivalry.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

If we lose only two then I hope we stay at ten. 

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

I can't help but think that UNCC would be a good add, as well as a rival to ECU.  It's a city that's similar to Tampa in size and the team has the potential for growth.  We always had a good hoops rivalry with them.

I also like the idea of the other two academies for the reasons mentioned.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Who cares, if USF is no longer in the AAC?

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I would remind many that the Armed services have rewritten their rules on serving vs playing in the NFL. With the change, the service member can forgo their obligation to the armed services if in fact they can be drafted and play for an NFL team. This means that Army can now field a more competitive team then they could have in the past. So they may be more open to inclusion in the American then years past.

Just saying. :icon_drink:

Just now, TallyBull said:

We'd have to offer MWC teams something to merge.  It used to be we could offer more $$$ and a better shot at a BCS game.  I think those incentives are gone, although I don't really know how much $$$ MWC teams get - maybe they'd get more as part of the American?

In any case, my point is that it would have to be worth it for MWC teams to join us or vice versa.  

Otherwise, I'd like to see the American include as many military teams as possible (Army, Air Force in addition to Navy).  Gives us a little tradition and rivalry.

Army shunned us when it made more sense for them to join and Air Force doesn't make any geographic sense without having full blown Western expansion. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of adding Army and Air Force (truly "The American" Conference), but I just don't see it happening. 

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

Army shunned us when it made more sense for them to join and Air Force doesn't make any geographic sense without having full blown Western expansion. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of adding Army and Air Force (truly "The American" Conference), but I just don't see it happening. 

Sure.  I didn't say there wouldn't be issues - just opining on what I'd like to see happen.  Who knows - maybe Army would reconsider, and maybe Air Force wouldn't be as logistically problematic as we imagine.

6 minutes ago, Bear said:

Who cares, if USF is no longer in the AAC?

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1