• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

Possible AAC Replacements

Lets go ahead and safely assume that the AAC is going to lose between 1 and 4 teams to Big 12 expansion. What is your guess/hope as to what teams, if any, are added to the AAC? 

My guess/hope in order would be:

1. Marshall

2. Northern Illinois

3. Southern Miss

4. Western Kentucky

(I could also see UMASS possibly being considered, especially since they don't have any conference contracts/buyouts to worry about) 

Members do not see this ad, Register
4 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Here is how my list would look:

1. Army (football only)

2. Air Force

3. grab the best of the teams out West and break into divisions

4. Umass

5. Marshall

6. Northern Illinois

7. FAU

8. FIU

9. Charlotte

10. Rice

The Florida teams should be higher on the list, have to keep that market on lock :FIREdevil:

2 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Here is how my list would look:

1. Army (football only)

2. Air Force

3. grab the best of the teams out West and break into divisions

4. Umass

5. Marshall

6. Northern Illinois

7. FAU

8. FIU

9. Charlotte

10. Rice

I can understand Army, but I believe they turned down the invite before when the conference was even more attractive than it will likely end up being. I also don't like the idea of expanding out west unless we go down to 8 teams and are looking to create a 16 team conference. 

Why do you rank UMASS ahead of Marshall and Northern Illinois? 

• Upvote 1

Let's truly be the "American Conference", go to 16 teams and call it a day.  Play 9 conf games (7 division and 2 other division every 4 years) plus 3 FBS opponents only.

Add:  Air Force, Boise, SD State, Colorado State, Toledo, Southern Miss, Marshall and Army.  We would dominate the non P5 conferences and would send our champion to an 8 team playoff every year.  Done.

15 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I can understand Army, but I believe they turned down the invite before when the conference was even more attractive than it will likely end up being. I also don't like the idea of expanding out west unless we go down to 8 teams and are looking to create a 16 team conference. 

Why do you rank UMASS ahead of Marshall and Northern Illinois? 

Just my opinion .... I think Marshall and Northern Illinois have peaked. I think in football UMass has potential. Not based in any facts. 

4 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Just my opinion .... I think Marshall and Northern Illinois have peaked. I think in football UMass has potential. Not based in any facts. 

College football in New England is mostly an afterthought.  UMass below schools with growth potential such as UTSA and Georgia State.