• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CBS Tampa Questioning USF athletics expense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

58 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

It's just another example of the crap coverage we get by our local rags. :angrymob:

I don't think so, as it's actually true. Rutgers is the same way, their student fees have propped up their athletic department for ages. Lots of schools do it, and I don't think its right. This is why we need more alumni to step up and actually give more than just "lip service" to loving their alma mater. We need more folks to speak with their wallets too

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

13 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I don't think so, as it's actually true. Rutgers is the same way, their student fees have propped up their athletic department for ages. Lots of schools do it, and I don't think its right. This is why we need more alumni to step up and actually give more than just "lip service" to loving their alma mater. We need more folks to speak with their wallets too

Ok, where's the articles from the local papers on these other schools about this glaring issue??? My point is that you don't see them. We here in Tampa are so lucky to have news media personnel whom are so interested in looking after our budgets that, they're willing to slice and dice our local university (which happens to be a major employer and contributor to our local economy). Their interests are self serving to say the least. Sensationalism sells but, lets not report on politics in an election year. No, lets write a slice and dice article on our College instead. Lets not cover crime corruption or even our traffic woes. Lets just help shoot down our local college at a time when they may be eligible for a huge financial boost that could only help our community. Yeah, lets stick a knife in our neighbors backs while we're at it.

My point is, these articles do little to sell papers and only harm the community in the end. As you can see that almost every school uses subsidies to some extent. So why continuously point out USF? Our local media does more harm to us then good.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

2 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Ok, where's the articles from the local papers on these other schools about this glaring issue??? My point is that you don't see them. We here in Tampa are so lucky to have news media personnel whom are so interested in looking after our budgets that, they're willing to slice and dice our local university (which happens to be a major employer and contributor to our local economy). Their interests are self serving to say the least. Sensationalism sells but, lets not report on politics in an election year. No, lets write a slice and dice article on our College instead. Lets not cover crime corruption or even our traffic woes. Lets just help shoot down our local college at a time when they may be eligible for a huge financial boost that could only help our community. Yeah, lets stick a knife in our neighbors backs while we're at it.

My point is, these articles do little to sell papers and only harm the community in the end. As you can see that almost every school uses subsidies to some extent. So why continuously point out USF? Our local media does more harm to us then good.

I get your frustration, but the fact that CBS is deciding to report or even spin this issue any sort of way doesn't make it any less true.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

This is a non issue.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I get your frustration, but the fact that CBS is deciding to report or even spin this issue any sort of way doesn't make it any less true.

Ask yourself this, why are they pointing out USF? When you answer that question, you'll understand. They are not targeting other schools. Other schools are mentioned but, were not the target of their story. Why is USF whom isn't the largest offender, UCF has a larger percentage then us as does Rutgers but, they aren't the target. Why????????

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Ask yourself this, why are they pointing out USF? When you answer that question, you'll understand. They are not targeting other schools. Other schools are mentioned but, were not the target of their story. Why is USF whom isn't the largest offender, UCF has a larger percentage then us as does Rutgers but, they aren't the target. Why????????

2jdrw28.jpg

Just now, CPR said:

2jdrw28.jpg

This is exactly why it continues. No one asks questions or points our the lack of equality in reporting facts. No one presses for fairness. America is constipated with ignorance. it needs to take a huge dump.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

It's not a big deal man. It's just 1 article that barely anyone will read or make a big deal about.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CPR said:

It's not a big deal man. It's just 1 article that barely anyone will read or make a big deal about.

You're right. I should stop caring. Just give up like everyone else. Who cares after all right? I mean if our home town media won't support us or give an accurate account, maybe someone else will. :facepalm: