• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Corporate tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

25 minutes ago, SpeedyBull said:

I think we should see more of it under Harlan. Steps like having a presence at Gasparilla this year help tie us in with Tampa Bay and keep the Bulls on the mind of more than just USF die hard sports fans. Winning can't hurt either. 

The whole "Team Tampa" definitely is bringing all of the local athletics teams together. Curious if bringing USF Health downtown will tie Vinik into the greater expansion of a USF donor basis in athletics; especially if baseball moves to Tampa (steep I know.) Not necessarily him personally, but the expansion getting the brand out there. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 minute ago, Ionbull said:

The whole "Team Tampa" definitely is bringing all of the local athletics teams together. Curious if bringing USF Health downtown will tie Vinik into the greater expansion of a USF donor basis in athletics; especially if baseball moves to Tampa (steep I know.) Not necessarily him personally, but the expansion getting the brand out there. 

We need to do better in utilizing the "Team Tampa" mantra, not only with athletes, but with Tampa's corporate and Jane and Joe Blow citizens. Harlan is taking steps in that direction, and that's promising. It's going to take a lot of work to undo the generations of Gator stench that permeate this town.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

On 2/5/2016 at 9:14 AM, Mike Stuben said:

College tickets are different, and here is why:

Joe Smith owns a small business and wants 4 Rays tickets and 4 Bulls tickets. Mostly for him and his family, but when he can't make a game, he plans to give the tickets to his employees or clients. 

For the Rays, put those tickets in the company name, so they can be written off as a business expense. 

The USF tickets require a $150 donation per seat, so $600 total. So, the USF tickets include a tax deduction for Joe to put the tickets in his own name. 

1 guy, buying tickets from two teams might be motivated to put the Rays tickets in his company name and the USF tickets in his personal name. 

That is why you can't compare our percent to the Rays. 

My USF donation is corporate and tickets are in the corporations name. Can't agree with your take above.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I was recently speaking with a business associate from Tampa, and he told me he was a USF alum.  I said, "You should have your firm buy season tickets to support our Bulls".  He said, we have 8, 50 yard line, and can't give 'em away.

I told him he should renew, as we're finally getting fun to watch, and he should be able to give tix away (and should go to games, too!).  Worst case, I told him he should host me for the FSU game!

Getting firms to buy tix is great...but getting the filled for the games is better:  for the players and our image...no one thinks USF is hot when premium seats are empty.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

55 minutes ago, hbryan said:

My USF donation is corporate and tickets are in the corporations name. Can't agree with your take above.

I didn't say everything would make that choice, but it gives buyers who own businesses a choice. If you acknowledge that some small business owners will want the tax write personally instead of by the business it skews the numbers. By no means was  I ever saying 100%, it might be as small as 10%, but that does impact the numbers. 

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379

25 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I didn't say everything would make that choice, but it gives buyers who own businesses a choice. If you acknowledge that some small business owners will want the tax write personally instead of by the business it skews the numbers. By no means was  I ever saying 100%, it might be as small as 10%, but that does impact the numbers. 

Don't forget, the entire "donation" is not tax deductible. It use to be designated at 80% of what was paid was allowable. The 20% was not as that was estimated as the benefit received by getting better tickets. Who knows how the IRS will rule if the seat benefit is tied directly to the actual seat. Calling something a "donation" doesn't make it a donation to the IRS. 

So, even with the IRS 80% deductible and 20% not, a corporation would be able to include the 20% with their business deductions, where I as an individual am not able to do anything with the 20%. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

I was recently speaking with a business associate from Tampa, and he told me he was a USF alum.  I said, "You should have your firm buy season tickets to support our Bulls".  He said, we have 8, 50 yard line, and can't give 'em away.

I told him he should renew, as we're finally getting fun to watch, and he should be able to give tix away (and should go to games, too!).  Worst case, I told him he should host me for the FSU game!

Getting firms to buy tix is great...but getting the filled for the games is better:  for the players and our image...no one thinks USF is hot when premium seats are empty.

Give him my contact info. I will see that his tickets are used. No, not by me, I'm good with my seats.