• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers ranked #19 2016 starting quarterback by Athlon sports

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

The fact that QBR doesn't seem to be factored in really takes away from the credibility of this list.

Couldn't agree more

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

16 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

The fact that QBR doesn't seem to be factored in really takes away from the credibility of this list.

Renders it completely bogus ...

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Its great press for USF. 

There is no accurate predictions. Only realistic results after a season.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It's really only a noisy few who really just can't seem to handle Flowers as the starter, or pine for Woulard to start.  I think most on here are happy with the job Flowers did last year and are looking forward to him stepping forward this next year and hopefully winning a conference title.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

We must have watched different games than Calibull. How many times did Flowers overthrow or under throw WIDE OPEN receivers, running backs, etc. week in and week out? Even in the bowl game, they dared us to beat them in the air. 

Yes, Flowers set a record for TD's thrown in a season - but it's because teams didn't respect his arm accuracy the least bit, stacking the box game after game after game. Teams will give up a home run a game if they can key specifically on one aspect of our game. Every now and then, Flowers would connect with a receiver wide friggen open that would take it to the house. IF Flowers could have hit those guys on a regular basis, we're talking three less losses and Marlon Mack with an insane season.

I hope Flowers does figure things out this season - because if he hits those receivers on a routine basis, Mack is going to go wild when the box isn't stacked against the run.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

25 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

We must have watched different games than Calibull. How many times did Flowers overthrow or under throw WIDE OPEN receivers, running backs, etc. week in and week out? Even in the bowl game, they dared us to beat them in the air. 

Yes, Flowers set a record for TD's thrown in a season - but it's because teams didn't respect his arm accuracy the least bit, stacking the box game after game after game. Teams will give up a home run a game if they can key specifically on one aspect of our game. Every now and then, Flowers would connect with a receiver wide friggen open that would take it to the house. IF Flowers could have hit those guys on a regular basis, we're talking three less losses and Marlon Mack with an insane season.

I hope Flowers does figure things out this season - because if he hits those receivers on a routine basis, Mack is going to go wild when the box isn't stacked against the run.  

So you've never seen other QBs in the country overthrow WRs or toss a few bad passes?  I've seen some of the best QBs in the nation do what you're saying and you make it seem like that's all he did.  Somewhere in there he lead us to ab 8-5 season.  To me you seem as if you just don't like the kid because you're a fan of a different type of QB.  I'm willing to bet you thought Eveld should have started over BJ and were likely one complaining that Grothe wasn't good enough and we needed a "real" qb.  I think you're in the small minority on this one which means maybe you're watching with bias.  You want him to fail, so that's what you see.  Mack broke a single season rushing record because nobody was stacking the box.  He did hit quite a few deep TDs this season.  He's made people pay for stacking the box. 

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

18 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

We must have watched different games than Calibull. How many times did Flowers overthrow or under throw WIDE OPEN receivers, running backs, etc. week in and week out? ...  Every now and then, Flowers would connect with a receiver wide friggen open that would take it to the house. IF Flowers could have hit those guys on a regular basis, we're talking three less losses and Marlon Mack with an insane season.

:facepalm:

Flowers' completion % was 59% this year.  Combined with 22 TDs and 8 picks, that's pretty solid for any college QB.  Every QB misses guys, there are many factors as to reasons why.  You should know this.  

I'm willing to bet we see a lot less guys in the box this year.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

43 minutes ago, nobull.Bulls said:

Its great press for USF. 

There is no accurate predictions. Only realistic results after a season.

exactly 

• Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

:facepalm:

Flowers' completion % was 59% this year.  Combined with 22 TDs and 8 picks, that's pretty solid for any college QB.  Every QB misses guys, there are many factors as to reasons why.  You should know this.  

I'm willing to bet we see a lot less guys in the box this year.  

I'm curious to how many drops there were too in that completion percentage. QF is a gamer and is willing to put the team on his back. The staff will have competition at every position like they do every year and we will see what happens, but it's great to see any recognition for the players and the program in any article. 

• Upvote 3