• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Disaster Averted

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

As I've said before, mine did it. I HATED it. On the flip side, she's been to maybe four games in four years over there(and two of those were USF). Still comes home to a BULLS game now and then. Now she's starting her last semester, then back to a full time BULLS fan, no matter where she ends up working.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

If you or a mod can modify, that'd be great.  Just adding some light humor, but I can see how it could be viewed.

Would if I could .... and congrats on the new Nole. Kind of going thru same process but don't think it will turn out as good.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Would if I could .... and congrats on the new Nole. Kind of going thru same process but don't think it will turn out as good.

This wasn't easy.  I have a daughter in Boston (Berklee College of Music), so my son was good enough to get his AA living at home to help with $$.  He got his AA in 1 1/2 years (move out motivation is strong), and needed his last report card to qualify.  So, now he starts classes Jan 6, and we have no idea when orientation is, and where he's going to live.

But, these are good problems to have, I suppose.  He's really happy, and hopefully doesn't do the "Tommy Boy 7 Year Program".

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

42 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

This wasn't easy.  I have a daughter in Boston (Berklee College of Music), so my son was good enough to get his AA living at home to help with $$.  He got his AA in 1 1/2 years (move out motivation is strong), and needed his last report card to qualify.  So, now he starts classes Jan 6, and we have no idea when orientation is, and where he's going to live.

But, these are good problems to have, I suppose.  He's really happy, and hopefully doesn't do the "Tommy Boy 7 Year Program".

Good problems indeed. Good luck to both of your children. They sound well grounded and motivated.Well done.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

Unrelated, but a great Christmas present for me.

As many of you know, my son decided he didn't love USF, and wanted to go to another FL school when he got his AA (which he just got last week).

2 months ago, he was accepted at UCF.  Outwardly, I was happy for him, but inside, I had to come to grips with son becoming a (gasp) Knight.

He also applied at FSU, but needed to get his Fall transcript in.  Apparently the prospect of going to UCF was the needed motivation for him to pull a 3.75 for the semester.  So, when I came home early from work today, he called me into his room & pointed at the computer.  He's accepted at FSU!

So, while not a Noles fan, I can live with it, especially compared to the other option. His FSU bud from high school was hanging with my son at the time, so I told my son:  "Thank God you got into FSU...I could never tell you before, but having a Knight as a son was going to be true challenge as a father."   We all laughed.  Of course, I'd be ok either way (FSU is 6 hours away; UCF is 2, so that's the downside), but I'm truly thrilled he's going to the school he REALLY wanted to go to.

So, Merry Christmas to me...and my son.  Now, let's hope USF thumps FSU in Tampa next fall.

Congrats to your son! Excellent news Jupe. Yes, you dodged one there! 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

my daughter also attended FSU for under grad & grad school.  she lived in an apartment complex called University Club.  set up for students and works on their schedule.  monthly rent included power, water, cable, internet, etc.  2br townhouse, 2  &1/2 bathrooms, washer/dryer in apt..  around $650 a month per student.  taltran buses run to campus from 6 in morning to 10 at night.  parking on campus is a huge problem.

congrats to you & your son

10 minutes ago, donkey hote said:

my daughter also attended FSU for under grad & grad school.  she lived in an apartment complex called University Club.  set up for students and works on their schedule.  monthly rent included power, water, cable, internet, etc.  2br townhouse, 2  &1/2 bathrooms, washer/dryer in apt..  around $650 a month per student.  taltran buses run to campus from 6 in morning to 10 at night.  parking on campus is a huge problem.

congrats to you & your son

Appreciate the lead, as we're struggling to find a place quickly, likely sight unseen.  One of my buds who works at FSU joked about the parking challenges, "It's not a parking permit, it's a hunting permit...you'll spend a lot of time hunting for a spot."  And, he said they tow constantly.

Thanks, again

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

6 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

Unrelated, but a great Christmas present for me.

As many of you know, my son decided he didn't love USF, and wanted to go to another FL school when he got his AA (which he just got last week).

2 months ago, he was accepted at UCF.  Outwardly, I was happy for him, but inside, I had to come to grips with son becoming a (gasp) Knight.

He also applied at FSU, but needed to get his Fall transcript in.  Apparently the prospect of going to UCF was the needed motivation for him to pull a 3.75 for the semester.  So, when I came home early from work today, he called me into his room & pointed at the computer.  He's accepted at FSU!

So, while not a Noles fan, I can live with it, especially compared to the other option. His FSU bud from high school was hanging with my son at the time, so I told my son:  "Thank God you got into FSU...I could never tell you before, but having a Knight as a son was going to be true challenge as a father."   We all laughed.  Of course, I'd be ok either way (FSU is 6 hours away; UCF is 2, so that's the downside), but I'm truly thrilled he's going to the school he REALLY wanted to go to.

So, Merry Christmas to me...and my son.  Now, let's hope USF thumps FSU in Tampa next fall.

Congrats JupiterBull!  A true Merry Christmas gift would be if your son was on a scholarship :) ...nonetheless, Merry Christmas and a happy & healthy New Year!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BullFan98 said:

Congrats JupiterBull!  A true Merry Christmas gift would be if your son was on a scholarship :) ...nonetheless, Merry Christmas and a happy & healthy New Year!

So, true...but it's still a lot cheaper than Boston, where I pay $1050/month to share a 2 BR.  It's near Fenway, and most of these apartments have no A/C (they are 100+/- years old).  So, I'm cool with forking out FSU $$, though a sweet schollie would have been sweet.  Hopefully he tries to score some after he settles in.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

I've got one who will be a junior at FSU and one heading to UK next year.  Send me money!