• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Brickell is a good jumping off point. It's safe and close to a lot of things out of towners like. Close to bayside, easy to get over to the beach, little Havana is right there, and you can catch the metro mover to get around downtown. The beach has some decent spots, but if you don't know where to go you will definitely over pay for everything. If you do venture over to south beach do yourself a favor and hit up las Olas cafe on 6th and Euclid. That place is a hole in the wall, but it's an institution. Also, the 16th market on Washington (near the old fuddruckers, that has been everything) . That place is great they serve coffee, pastries, hot dishes. Cheap good meals. I heard Puerto Sagua caught on fire. I half laughed, but that is kinda sad. Although it's touristy the place has been around forever. Also, I seriously miss Pizza Rustic and Pasha's. And RIP Zekes beer garden on Lincoln Rd.

cool kind of where I am looking, seems most of those places charge extra for parking. so bringing a trailer to tailgate out of may not be advisable 

that will be par for the course down there. You won't find many places that won't charge for parking and if you do find them you will still need to stow most of your stuff under lock and key. Lots of stuff grows legs down there, and if you're in the wrong part of town locks will be popped and windows broken. No different than a lot of places.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

that will be par for the course down there. You won't find many places that won't charge for parking and if you do find them you will still need to stow most of your stuff under lock and key. Lots of stuff grows legs down there, and if you're in the wrong part of town locks will be popped and windows broken. No different than a lot of places.

Hows the area around the airport? A lot more of the non elite hotels like you best westerns and such?

thanks for the advice 

Hows the area around the airport? A lot more of the non elite hotels like you best westerns and such?

thanks for the advice 

the airport area... North of the airports not very good, and south is about the same. If you are going an getting out that's one thing. If you want to get around town that area is not convenient. There are no attractions or reasons to go to Hialeah. 

https://m.bestwestern.com/content/bestwesternmobile/en/HotelDetail.html?resortId=10269

the best best western in Miami. You can fish right of the back of property. Depending on how many people are going and how deep your pockets are you can always try https://www.airbnb.com/s/Miami-Beach--FL--United-States?source=mob&checkin=12%2F18%2F2015&checkout=12%2F19%2F2015&guests=2&room_types[]=Entire+home%2Fapt 

I don't think finding a place will be that hard. Good rule of thumb though Miami Springs, Miami Gardens, and anything other place down there that isn't the beach or city proper is probably not a part of town you want to be in. I personally don't stay anywhere west of I-95 when I go down there. I grew up on the beach and when I lived down there when I started college I lived in the beach. So I may be biased, but the park is in little Havana. If I was going to the game I would stay on the south side of Brickell. That way I could go out (if you stay in that area park the car and take the metro mover its free and easier than looking/paying for parking), downtown has some pubs, and there are plenty of bars in that area. Having fun over there is easy, and there are lots of good places to eat too. Go to the game and get out.

also there are some decent food trucks around town, so be on the look out for those as well. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294

Fort Lauderdale Bull here who used to work in the Design District. Stay in Brickell or Downtown MIA (basically the same 'hood) and cab/uber back and forth between there, Wynwood, Midtown and the Design District - maybe SoBe if you REALLY need that Miami party scene. Hit up Perricone's, the Corner Bar and Ceviche 105 in downtown/Brickell; Wynwood Brewery and Wood Tavern in Wynwood; Prohibition, Sugarcane and Gigi in Midtown; and Michael's Genuine and Harry's Pizzeria (same owner as Michael's) in the Design District.

Also, if you get sick of Me-ah-me, come to Broward and check out Funky Budha, Rhythm and Vine, Riverside Market and LauderAle.

Oh, and watch our Bulls kick some ass!!!!

• Upvote 1

Monty's south of 5th on Friday night used to be a good place to go too. All the Brazilians used to go there. Great place for eye candy.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I've stayed at the DoubleTree south of the airport a few times and it's pretty nice. 

My wife and I plan to just Uber it straight to the game from the MIA, perhaps sharing the ride with other fans on the flight.

Edit:  We're probably going to hit Yardbird after the game for some good southern eats.

Edited by Ricky the Bull

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  54

This might be a dumb question, but how do we purchase the commemorative bowl tickets?? Or do they offer them after the game??

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

This might be a dumb question, but how do we purchase the commemorative bowl tickets?? Or do they offer them after the game??

These are usually for sale few weeks after the game (assuming they are going to continue this). I have all of them on my mantle (took down a few years ago as we were not wining but they are back up now) and they look great. You should get notification from Athletic Dept when they are taking orders. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

These are usually for sale few weeks after the game (assuming they are going to continue this). I have all of them on my mantle (took down a few years ago as we were not wining but they are back up now) and they look great. You should get notification from Athletic Dept when they are taking orders. 

USF bowl central says if you buy tickets through USF, you'll be sent the commemorative ticket in early January.