• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tom Allen is The Reason USF is Winning

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

With like 10 HC openings I expect a P5 school to take him in the off season. 

I assume you mean one of those new head coaches will take him as their defensive Coordinator.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I assume you mean one of those new head coaches will take him as their defensive Coordinator.

yep

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Twilight Zone :). 

We still have a long way to go-but for the first time in a decade, we're relevant in conference play. And Flowers has all offseason and three more games this year to make his accuracy better.

Maybe four, or MAYBE five...

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

wow  i have become a cwt defender!

I almost want you to stop... It makes me worry that I'm wrong for being pro-CWT!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

After looking again at the Navy game. The amount of yardage Navy Put up was in part because of USF mistakes on offence. Also lack of offensive production allowed Navy to have the ball fo almost 20 min. In the second half.

Allen has put in a defense that utilizes USF's athleticism! On top of that he has coached them up and they are getting better weekly, a big example is how they improved their tackling. Also He has absolutely impacted this team with his enthusiasm. 

I feel his performance has forced CWT to raise his game, making everybody better.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

What I was originally saying is that Tom Allen has been the CATALYST for this team. Our defense has been the X factor this year that has created opportunities kept us in games, leveled the playing field. 

Taggart Flowers and Mack and doing better than last year, but they aren't the change that has separated this year from the last. if we didn't have our defense play lights out week in and week out we would be WAY worse than 5-4. 

Which is why I said Tom Allen is the REASON were winning. 

If we had an offense that could put up points like cincy I could easily see us going one loss or undefeated in the future.

Edited by BULLZ
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

No no, that's not how things work here. When we lose it's all on Taggart. When we win it's because of everyone else besides Taggart. 

Yup

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not saying that CWT doesn't deserve credit. All I'm saying is you cannot deny that coach Alan has an impact on this team. And IMO his aggressiveness and success on defense has put pressure on the other coaches and players to step up.

CWT  is the head coach and  he deserves the credit for great performances and also some criticism when the performance is terrible.

That being said he absolutely deserves a lot of the credit for this teams turnaround. However I still feel he has a ways to go in the play calling & game management, but he is growing.  No doubt that he will continue to bring talent to USF my hope is he continues to grow so he can be our coach for the future. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

What I was originally saying is that Tom Allen has been the CATALYST for this team. Our defense has been the X factor this year that has created opportunities kept us in games, leveled the playing field. 

Taggart Flowers and Mack and doing better than last year, but they aren't the change that has separated this year from the last. if we didn't have our defense play lights out week in and week out we would be WAY worse than 5-4. 

Which is why I said Tom Allen is the REASON were winning. 

If we had an offense that could put up points like cincy I could easily see us going one loss or undefeated in the future.

Definitely don't want to take anything away from Allen and the defense but in the 4 games we've lost, USF has scored 17 points or less. If the defense was really the sole REASON we were winning this year we should have won a couple of those games. We're winning because we're averaging 10 points more a game, along with the 5 points less allowed by the D. The REASON we're winning is because the WHOLE team has stepped up.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Definitely don't want to take anything away from Allen and the defense but in the 4 games we've lost, USF has scored 17 points or less. If the defense was really the sole REASON we were winning this year we should have won a couple of those games. We're winning because we're averaging 10 points more a game, along with the 5 points less allowed by the D. The REASON we're winning is because the WHOLE team has stepped up.

/thread