• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tom Allen is The Reason USF is Winning

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Allen's defense has been shaky in the second half of most games, and I put the Navy loss squarely on his shoulders by playing 6 in the box against the triple option for most of the game, and thus allowing them to control the clock. By bringing a 7th and 8th player into the box this team could have been 6-3 with next weekend's game deciding the AAC East.

While the defense has improved under Allen, it's Flowers' development as a passer to compliment our running game that has made the difference.

brybull, so do you see what I was seeing at the beginning of the season? Admittedly QF has thrown better than I thought he would. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Allen's defense has been shaky in the second half of most games, and I put the Navy loss squarely on his shoulders by playing 6 in the box against the triple option for most of the game, and thus allowing them to control the clock. By bringing a 7th and 8th player into the box this team could have been 6-3 with next weekend's game deciding the AAC East.

Or given up more than 29 points because a Navy rb broke through those 8 players and went u impeded to the end zone. Blaming that loss on Allen is unsupportable... Unless you can show that ND beat them with primarily 7 or 8 years in the box. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I do now. I think I needed to see it, then I needed to see it against a quality opponent and then with some consistency. The consistency isn't there but I can see improvement which is key. He still struggles with accuracy and he doesn't throw a very catchable ball, but QF from the beginning of the season would have missed the pass to Adams that eventually one the game yesterday.

He's got a long way to go. But Taggart has to keep a loose handle on the reins and not tighten up so QF can play through any mistakes.

Give it up already. You aren't going to find anyone that thinks playing a nickel or dime defense against a triple option team is a recipe for success. And 400+ rushing yards later and to no one's surprise it didn't work. Save your straw man argument for someone who doesn't know better.

Until you can tell what defense ND played against them, with some evidence, you have no idea what the recipe for success is against them...... and I measure"success" by w/l's, not some meaningless stat.

Wrong.  You can sing Kumbayah all you want, but that doesn't make it so.

Defense is playing well above average, offense is playing below average.  We don't have five wins without the defense playing this well.

Oh, I forgot this board was all about you and anyone that disagrees with you is automatically wrong. 

My bad by using "wrong" .... forgot how sensitive you can be. I'll just let some facts speak for themselves and others can decide. The defense is allowing around 5 points per game less than last year. The offense is scoring an average of 10 more points per game. Both sides are responsible for the improvement and success this year.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I love what Allen has done! His personality has really lit up this defense, and his scheme has really stiffled some good offenses. 

However, "Not Taggart. Not Mack. Not Flowers."... I mean, why is this even mentioned? You know you're wrong if you think that the Head Coach, starting QB, and record setting RB haven't been important in each of our 5 Ws. Allen deserves all the praise he can get, but no need to even mention the three of them. All four have been very very pleasant surprises this year. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Over coming our 17 point ceiling is why this team is winning. It helps the defense too by increasing our time of possession, and leaving the other team running less plays.

The biggest improvements this year have been on offense. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Or Taggart recruiting a team of players from the ashes of garbage Skip Holtz and Doug Woolard left behind.

Not to mention Taggart hired Tom Allen, but sure... go on and tell me how bad Taggart is.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Or Taggart recruiting a team of players from the ashes of garbage Skip Holtz and Doug Woolard left behind.

Not to mention Taggart hired Tom Allen, but sure... go on and tell me how bad Taggart is.

:roflmao:  Thinks Taggart hired Allen.

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

:roflmao:  Thinks Taggart hired Allen.

:roflmao: thinks Harlan is responsible for everything football related 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1