• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ask CBS College Sports Live why they don't specifically stream USF online

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Some things are worth paying for IMO. Directv is one of those things. Take your girl out on one less date a month - buy one less video game a month - heck, skip going to the bar twice a month. Boom, you just paid for Directv for the month and will never miss a Bulls game!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

DirectTV sucks in cloudy, foggy San Francisco.

And, ahem, it's FREE to send these guys a simple request. 

I would love to have cable, and have always had cable, but due to my new roommate situation (doesn't even want a tv) and the most expensive housing in the freakin' world, I'd rather not pay $1,500 or more a year for cable or a blurry dish. 

Edited by Bullschmutz

We need a more vocal fan base to demand better USF coverage locally and nationally.

We don't even get gameday stories before the game.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

DirectTV sucks in cloudy, foggy San Francisco.

And, ahem, it's FREE to send these guys a simple request. 

I would love to have cable, and have always had cable, but due to my new roommate situation (doesn't even want a tv) and the most expensive housing in the freakin' world, I'd rather not pay $1,500 or more a year for cable or a blurry dish. 

Get a better job.  Problem solved!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

My personal advice... unless you're making substantial change and can afford to live in a city such as NYC, Washington DC, San Francisco, etc., make that career move later in life when you're financially more stable. Unfortunately, I just moved from San Antonio, TX, due to my wife's job in the Army relocating us to the DC area. We live alright now in the DC area - however we lived like kings in San Antonio (I still work with a company in San Antonio - I switched recently to a new one there). The dollar goes a long way in certain areas - unfortunately in other cities, they squeeze you so much, you sweat your rent check each month. I get it - we've all been there at one point or another and maybe San Francisco offers you a certain lifestyle that Texas or some other tax free state doesn't (I'm trying to figure out what San Francisco can offer - cold, rainy weather, overpriced housing, crappy traffic, hipsters, more hipsters, skinny jeans, high taxes, safe haven for illegal aliens, did I mention hipsters and skinny jeans?). That's just my personal advice. Save San Fran for your mid-30's. Hell, even Phoenix has a good job market where you can make some substantial change if you have even a little bit of brain capacity. Good luck either way... but considering San Fran is Silicon Valley essentially, maybe a Go Fund Me page for your DirecTv bill would be in order. I've seen worse Go Fund Me's. 

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

This was their reply which doesn't make sense since the Navy game was televised but also available for streaming

"College Sports Fan,

Thank you for your inquiry. We post the upcoming events as we are notified, but you will have to check with your school for the complete schedule of availability. We have to defer to the individual schools for the content and the products that will be available. This generally does not include content that is already licensed to be broadcast on television.  If you do not see the event listed, it is usually not available for online streaming. 

You can view our list of available events here -http://www.collegesportslive.com/ 

Regards,
College Sports Live Member Supportservlet.ImageServer?oid=00DE0000000ZiAl&"

I didn't make a post asking for career advice. This is also not a post advising me how to spend my own money. I wouldn't live here if I couldn't afford it.

This is about why, when they stream 70 other schools, including Find Another University and U Can't Find a victory, they don't stream ours.

Here is their response:

College Sports Fan,

Unfortunately, you will need to speak with USF Athletic Department to question why they're not a partner with College Sports Live. The colleges choose our site to partner with & provide audio &/or video stream of their athletic events to their fans like yourself.  

------------------------------------------------------------

So what is the next step?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  36
  • Days Won:  0

I sent them a message. Meh, can't hurt. CBS should learn that if you mess with the bull you get the :GoBulls:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eAuP4Sxh3eY

"I swear... The mighty duck man himself"

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,078

Every one of our games is on national tv in HD.  If you choose not to pay for cable or directv then that is your prerogative, but I don't understand complaining about no streaming if you chose not to pay for tv.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Every one of our games is on national tv in HD.  If you choose not to pay for cable or directv then that is your prerogative, but I don't understand complaining about no streaming if you chose not to pay for tv.  

Correct! This is why I will be waiting a while longer before cutting the cord.

• Upvote 2