• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ask CBS College Sports Live why they don't specifically stream USF online

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Correct! This is why I will be waiting a while longer before cutting the cord.

I'm cutting after this football season. I'm thinking of doing a Sling TV, OTA antenna, and Channel Master DVR combo.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

I have access to streaming cable. I watch all ESPN games. I watch HBO. They get paid. I can stream most cable channels. Its only CBSSportsNetwork that doesn't stream all of our games, even if you subscribe to them via cable. AND I pay them directly via subscription. Holy Jesus. Which side are you guys on, lol.

Edited by Bullschmutz
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I'm cutting after this football season. I'm thinking of doing a Sling TV, OTA antenna, and Channel Master DVR combo.

Keep us up to date on what you think. I am almost ready but I will be **** if I am going to miss any USF games in the comfort of my home. If we keep getting games on CBSN this could be a problem for me. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

Every one of our games is on national tv in HD.  If you choose not to pay for cable or directv then that is your prerogative, but I don't understand complaining about no streaming if you chose not to pay for tv.  

I get NBA TV, NFL Network, Fox Sports 1 & 2, Bein Sports, and quite a few other "premium" channels with FIOS, but no CBSSportsNetwork, I pay about 105 a month just for my TV plan, and it doesn't come with CBSSports Network, so excuse me while I try to get an alternative until I switch cable providers when my contract is up. And really, there is no excuse for CBS College Sports LIVE to stream our games, especially when they are televised through them; there's a principle here. So get off your high horse there buddy.

Also, no thanks to directv... waaaaayy too many storms here for that.

Edited by Sipher

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

I get NBA TV, NFL Network, Fox Sports 1 & 2, Bein Sports, and quite a few other "premium" channels with FIOS, but no CBSSportsNetwork, I pay about 105 a month just for my TV plan, and it doesn't come with CBSSports Network, so excuse me while I try to get an alternative until I switch cable providers when my contract is up. And really, there is no excuse for CBS College Sports LIVE to stream our games, especially when they are televised through them; there's a principle here. So get off your high horse there buddy.

FIOS blows...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822

FIOS blows...

Preach.. I am a fan of their internet though. Hate Brighthouse's internet.

Edited by Sipher

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

I have Verizon FIOS (Extreme HD Package, currently charged $65 a month for just the TV plan) and get CBS Sports Network (channel 594).

• Upvote 1

See my post above. :FIREdevil:We need more people to make their desires known via social media, emails, calling up local and national sports shows, sporting gear around town, etc.

For newspapers they only care about one thing: subscriptions.  You want Bulls coverage? Tell them through your subscription - tell them you will subscribe to the Tampa Bay Times because THEY actually have a beat reporter for USF.

Otherwise, don't hold your breath.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

My personal advice... unless you're making substantial change and can afford to live in a city such as NYC, Washington DC, San Francisco, etc., make that career move later in life when you're financially more stable. Unfortunately, I just moved from San Antonio, TX, due to my wife's job in the Army relocating us to the DC area. We live alright now in the DC area - however we lived like kings in San Antonio (I still work with a company in San Antonio - I switched recently to a new one there). The dollar goes a long way in certain areas - unfortunately in other cities, they squeeze you so much, you sweat your rent check each month. I get it - we've all been there at one point or another and maybe San Francisco offers you a certain lifestyle that Texas or some other tax free state doesn't (I'm trying to figure out what San Francisco can offer - cold, rainy weather, overpriced housing, crappy traffic, hipsters, more hipsters, skinny jeans, high taxes, safe haven for illegal aliens, did I mention hipsters and skinny jeans?). That's just my personal advice. Save San Fran for your mid-30's. Hell, even Phoenix has a good job market where you can make some substantial change if you have even a little bit of brain capacity. Good luck either way... but considering San Fran is Silicon Valley essentially, maybe a Go Fund Me page for your DirecTv bill would be in order. I've seen worse Go Fund Me's. 

Can you keep your political clap trap for the proper forum.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,075
  • Days Won:  2

High horse...lol...sorry you are getting the shaft, I've had fios for the last 6 or so years and pay way less than $105 for the tv and get CBSSN.  Does it make sense that they don't stream the games?  Of course not but I think you'll still watch the games somehow if you truly want to.