• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please Explain QBR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

An irrelevant statistic that doesn't take into account heart, desire, 201 yards rushing, or 7 dropped passes by receivers totally over 150 yards.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

An irrelevant statistic that doesn't take into account heart, desire, 201 yards rushing, or 7 dropped passes by receivers totally over 150 yards.

Oddly enough, this irrelevant statistic was used to justify the awesomeness that is QF's passing ability just a few games ago.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Oddly enough, this irrelevant statistic was used to justify the awesomeness that is QF's passing ability just a few games ago.  

Although that is true, that was before we all realized just how flawed that system is. We witnessed him carry the team to victory on Saturday but his QBR really doesn't reflect this.  I thought his numbers were going to be off the charts, not something that makes him look like an atrocious QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

BUT not as irrelevant when you don't have the rushing yards, TDs, or drops?  I actually don't know how QBR is calculated.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Only because it was shoved down our throats for the few games before that ... It's a cute little, complicated stat that makes good conversation at times but is not the end all to measuring a qb's worth.

I know, I know, my point is always the same.  We have an awesome athlete at QB and in the end I just want to win.  But I grew up in the Dan Marino era and have a bias for QBs that can throw the ball and I feel that QF will not be able to maintain this backyard style of play.  He will either get hurt or not be able to throw when we need him to because he just does not have a lot of game experience with it.  But, like I mentioned in another post, winning covers a multitude of sins.      

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I know, I know, my point is always the same.  We have an awesome athlete at QB and in the end I just want to win.  But I grew up in the Dan Marino era and have a bias for QBs that can throw the ball and I feel that QF will not be able to maintain this backyard style of play.  He will either get hurt or not be able to throw when we need him to because he just does not have a lot of game experience with it.  But, like I mentioned in another post, winning covers a multitude of sins.      

It also has a habit of generating new believers...

It also has a habit of generating new believers...

..and if we keep wining, I may be one.  The gantlet starts this weekend.  

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Who cares about QBR? I want to hear more about adjusted QBR over the last 7 quarters of losing games played above 83 degrees farenheit and below 76 degrees farenheit. As we all know, that's the only real way to evaluate a QB.

Edited by WWMJD
  • Upvote 1