• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please Explain QBR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Who cares about QBR? I want to hear more about adjusted QBR over the last 7 quarters of losing games played above 83 degrees farenheit and below 76 degrees farenheit. As we all know, that's the only real way to evaluate a QB.

Is adjusted QBR when you use Celsius? 

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I know, I know, my point is always the same.  We have an awesome athlete at QB and in the end I just want to win.  But I grew up in the Dan Marino era and have a bias for QBs that can throw the ball and I feel that QF will not be able to maintain this backyard style of play.  He will either get hurt or not be able to throw when we need him to because he just does not have a lot of game experience with it.  But, like I mentioned in another post, winning covers a multitude of sins.      

Sure QBs who take hits are more likely to get hurt - I think USF fans know that pretty clearly. QFs passing has been highly suspect early in the season and it is possible the past game was a fluke but he was on point. Not just the 200+ yards rushing either... purely from a passing ability perspective the guy was flat out on all day. Receivers had one of the worst days I have seen and he kept putting hte ball where it needed to be and running  when it was available.

QBR is an important statistics and certainly is worth consideration. It isn't a magic heuristic though, especially in a single game. It requires cognitive observation and assessment of what the statistic measures and how it might have been biased in either direction. To the same extent if we had run a bunch of screen plays for fly wheels where skilled players caught 1-5 yard passes and then ran for 40 our QB may have looked like a world beater with huge passing yards despite not having had the opportunity to demonstrate much of any growth. Only time will tell if this is the new normal.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Kelvin.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

I thought it was like Metric vs Standard

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

Who's Kelvin? ;)

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

All I know about QBR is that it has definitively shown that passing is not one of QF's strengths. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

Who cares about QBR? I want to hear more about adjusted QBR over the last 7 quarters of losing games played above 83 degrees farenheit and below 76 degrees farenheit. As we all know, that's the only real way to evaluate a QB.

You forgot humidity.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Alright, so the new standard for QB evaluation board wide will be adjusted QBR over the last 7 quarters of losing games played exactly a fortnight before a harvest moon where the relative humidity was 54% and the temperature was above 83 degrees kelvin and below 76 degrees celsius.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Alright, so the new standard for QB evaluation board wide will be adjusted QBR over the last 7 quarters of losing games played exactly a fortnight before a harvest moon where the relative humidity was 54% and the temperature was above 83 degrees kelvin and below 76 degrees celsius.

In that case, I agree.  QF is absolutely a better QB than BJ was.  

Edited by ArmyBull