• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do Lamar Robbins and Benjamin Knox deserve a second opportunity?

Do Lamar Robbins and Benjamin Knox deserve a second opportunity?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

While I don't condone what Dunk did that is an apples to oranges comparison. I know Dunk did some bad things but these guys ****** up on a whole different level then he did.

I'm gonna have to disagree. These guys made a dumb mistake, one that could've cost lives. But from the info we have, it was not malicious. Dunkley's vicious beating was more likely to have taken a life, considering he was pulverizing someone, and was clearly malicious and quite egregious.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

Of course they deserve a second chance. This was the biggest explosion of offensive firepower we have seen in years!

*Hopes joke has not been made yet*

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

First we don't have all the info.  Second they need to go thru legal process.  From what's reported they didn't have any violent intent and lucky nobody was injured or worse.  I would be ok with a second chance and they should be suspended rest of season allowed to return in spring . 

are you kidding me???? No violent intent?  Bullets fired into an occupied building.  By your logic, drunk driving should be allowed to, unless you actually hit somebody.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

So some of you think it's acceptable to shoot a gun at a dorm  and still be on scholarship getting a free ride to a university but someone who gets pulled over for a DUI can not ever get fin aid to go to college. By the way I hate drunks-was raised by one who was also abusive 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Yes  A very stupid thing to do but give em another chance .  But my question is Who actually saw the a gun go off  and who was holding it if they did see ?  Where are the bullet holes ?  Hmmmm?

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

I did some pretty dumb things at that age.  It is not like they robbed a liquor store.  

Dumb things I did at that age (as I recall they are 22&23):

1) called in sick to work to instead play basketball

2) Skipped a test because I didnt study

the most egregious things occurred while still in high school and that included

1)  throwing eggs at a Majik Market

2) bashing oranges still on the tree with a baseball bat

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Take your cranium out of your anal porous...all of your questions have been answered in newspapers, online, and on TV.

So it must be true!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Dumb things I did at that age (as I recall they are 22&23):

1) called in sick to work to instead play basketball

2) Skipped a test because I didnt study

the most egregious things occurred while still in high school and that included

1)  throwing eggs at a Majik Market

2) bashing oranges still on the tree with a baseball bat

I KNOW... I'm a

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

They should complete a firearm safety course and then return to work

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

The only reason I would be OK with them being reinstated is that it looks like there was no violence/malicious intent.  It appears that didn't intend to inflict harm (or worse) to anyone

Was it stupid.. No.. It was way beyond that.  But luckily no one got hurt.  But if they are reinstated.. has to be on the tightest leash (no partying, no missed classes, nothing.)  However, if they are expelled (or allowed to continue their education but kicked off the team) I completely understand.

If it was an intended violent act.  Then I would be absolutely 100% against them having any future association with the university in any way.

This is my lean.  I did some dumb stuff in school (and beyond), and no malicious intent.  Still, if I lived in that dorm, I'd likely want them gone.  If it turns out it was just 2 dudes being idiots, maybe a 2nd chance, with a no tolerance policy.  But...if that gun was in any way illegal (not registered to one of them, or illegal to be in his car/dorm), then they have to be done.  Otherwise, we become a school with separate rules for different level players, and I really don't want that.  Divides the players (I knew a Gators scrub who told me the resentment was strong due to the "elite, protected privileged".