• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do Lamar Robbins and Benjamin Knox deserve a second opportunity?

Do Lamar Robbins and Benjamin Knox deserve a second opportunity?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

these guys deserve a second chance.  They did something that is incredibly stupid  but I'm sure 500 hours of community service would cure this.  If they were my son I would hope that doing some stupid thing like this they would not lose out on there dream of playing at this university.  They both have great talent so them not playing again is not an issue several schools would fight for their services.  I would hope that the people really see this as a learning opportunity.  Guns are everywhere I carry to church these days and the laws are changing.  No one got hurt they are both doing well otherwise this lack on thinking incident.  2 game suspension and community service should be the findings. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

No way, you have to send them on their way

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

No, not if either of them pulled the trigger. Think of the emotional scaring such recklessness caused to our other students. They can go somewhere else. It is too hard to think of a plausible excuse that would somehow make this acceptable. Free up 2 scholarships and get 2 kids that want to be here and not do stupid ****. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

these guys deserve a second chance.  They did something that is incredibly stupid  but I'm sure 500 hours of community service would cure this.  If they were my son I would hope that doing some stupid thing like this they would not lose out on there dream of playing at this university.  They both have great talent so them not playing again is not an issue several schools would fight for their services.  I would hope that the people really see this as a learning opportunity.  Guns are everywhere I carry to church these days and the laws are changing.  No one got hurt they are both doing well otherwise this lack on thinking incident.  2 game suspension and community service should be the findings. 

I want to agree with you but the difference is they shot into a building with people on purpose. They were not off in the woods somewhere blasting off and accidentally hit a house, they were directly reckless and endangered lives. 

I fully support gun ownership and responsible gun use. I understand that accidents can happen, and some have tragic results. This just went too far. If they accidentally shot the parking garage... maybe.. But the ******* DORM!!!! WTF. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

It's hard to justify the blatant disregard for coach's advice. Total lack of reason here in Knox if the accounts are true, not sure Robbins' part.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

Ben Knox is on surveillance shooting a gun into a building on campus. It's crazy to me that he's not expelled as of yet more or less on an athletic team.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 year off and if they have truly learned their lesson, performed community service, are remorseful, and have paid their debt to society, then consider bringing them back next year.  Otherwise, no.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

First we don't have all the info.  Second they need to go thru legal process.  From what's reported they didn't have any violent intent and lucky nobody was injured or worse.  I would be ok with a second chance and they should be suspended rest of season allowed to return in spring . 

• Upvote 2