• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance Ticks Up for Hoco - 18K+

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

30k will be respectable.... long way to go!

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

If we can string together a couple more wins I think it will positively effect attendance. My section (239) was still almost empty for 'cuse.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

This season is lost as far as ticket sales and attendance goes. I think the high-end expectations for butts in the seats will be 23,000. I agree that if we can make some noise the rest of the season and win a bowl game that ticket sales and attendance will be up next season. 

It also doesn't help our attendance that both FSU and UF are undefeated. At least when one of them were down the casual sports fan in town might have come to check out the Bulls, but that won't be happening this season. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

This season is lost as far as ticket sales and attendance goes. I think the high-end expectations for butts in the seats will be 23,000. I agree that if we can make some noise the rest of the season and win a bowl game that ticket sales and attendance will be up next season. 

It also doesn't help our attendance that both FSU and UF are undefeated. At least when one of them were down the casual sports fan in town might have come to check out the Bulls, but that won't be happening this season. 

That's a good point .... but I did park right behind a car with a UCF tag at the game so we may get some of those rats off their ship.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I have noticed the students and to some degree the fans look like they are staying to the 4th. At least what we have seems to stick. And the student section has looked healthier than last year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

A few thoughts.  The visitor's side was full sun for most of the game.  Many, including some from our group sat on the home side because of that.  We were in a suite so not out there at all.  The SMU game at 4 will be just as miserable as the 3:30 start.  So look for people to move to shade again.  Stinks for camera shots but the home side was pretty full this week.  I remember the Papa John Bowl and they put both teams fans on one side of the stadium to make it look good for the cameras.  We need to change the cameras to the other side of the stadium (not serious).

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I don't think you see much change until late in the year/next year and that is if we keep winning. Attendance always lags performance.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Yup, and if we can't beat Uconn it will go back down.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

That's a good point .... but I did park right behind a car with a UCF tag at the game so we may get some of those rats off their ship.

Probably not a converting fan, more likely the behind-the-counter help. :GoBulls:

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

@ByJeffOdom: #USF's actual attendance of 18,039 per TSA was the program's worst turnout for a Homecoming game since being moved to Division I-A in 2001.