• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should Bench play IF we fall behind early?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

so QF is the fastest hobbit?

Hobbits are natural sprinters! Very dangerous over short distances!

If you're going to make those movie quotes, at least use the right race...

18c8342e09468784d52c24179bf2bc7fffa28427

Yes, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan so I know it was a dwarf that said that.  I was just trying to be PC.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Whatever is least embarassing on national tv

Ah, if this could only be predicted. Personally I think QF scrambling for a few yards when the pocket collapses is less embarrassing than SB having to go fetal.

QF went fetal a few times in the Maryland game. I wasn't seeing the mobility until the D backed off. Not saying SB wouldn't...

Shhh, don't mention how the D backed off in the Maryland game, it upsets the narrative of his efficient 7.5 minute drive for a touchdown.

QF got buried several times against MD. It was like the mobility was gone. The book is out on USF, either QB is in trouble.

In fact when QF was asked to throw the ball he was sack several times...SB on the other was able to make quick decision and make some nice passes that where either called back due to a penalty or dropped by a receiver.  

Dude, this is getting ridiculous about the MD game. You obviously just watched it once and have been fantasizing ever since. Here are the 5 attempts at passing SB had in that game:

• Hit while throwing. Incomplete.
  • Completed pass over middle that Adams had to slow down and reach back for. Negated by penalty
  • Overthrew Barr on sideline. Intercepted. Negated by penalty.
  • Overthrew Johnson on the hashmark.
  • Threw high to Bronson. Tipped. Intercepted.

QF is quite capable of duplicating that performance, with the added plus of his running.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I just hope CWT lets QF air the ball out so we can know once and for all if he can truly lead this team 

If the game is close, then it means we are running the ball effectively and maybe got a couple easy TDs off play action. If that is that case....I keep doing what is working and let QF manage the game. 

However, if we fall behind big early ...I agree with you. Let QF use the entire playbook and see what he can do. IF anything else it lets you know what he can do. I see no sense in playing Bench short of injury.

What about the far fetched idea that he can throw the ball and possibly win some games?

You are right that is a far-fetched idea..... ;^)

IMHO....I just don't see that happening. Flowers may be ineffective....but he has at least kept us in games....and has a higher ceiling. 

Bench seems to have disaster associated with most of his decisions on the football field. The quickest way for games to go from tough challenge to impossible is to literally and figuratively give the game away with turnovers. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738

I just hope CWT lets QF air the ball out so we can know once and for all if he can truly lead this team 

I'm not exactly a CWT supporter, but CWT isn't the one dropping deep passes and also not reading one progression then running every time a pass play is called.  I think the setup of the play calls can be better, but there are plays out there to be made as well. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

In fact when QF was asked to throw the ball he was sack several times...SB on the other was able to make quick decision and make some nice passes that where either called back due to a penalty or dropped by a receiver.  

Dude, this is getting ridiculous about the MD game. You obviously just watched it once and have been fantasizing ever since. Here are the 5 attempts at passing SB had in that game:

• Completed pass over middle that Adams had to slow down and reach back for. Negated by penalty

QF is quite capable of duplicating that performance, with the added plus of his running.

Darn those facts, they keep getting in the way of feelings & perceptions. Facts make people feel bad...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

The Bench fantasy is getting ridiculous.

I can't wait until this year is over so we can start the Woulard/Flowers/Kean arguments.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

I really hope they let QF play like a QB if we fall down by a couple. Or at least let him try to play like a QB. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

The Bench fantasy is a little crazy isn't it?

We have seen him throw more passes than Flowers (and complete under 50% I would guess). Why do we assume that he's suddenly some great passer?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

The Bench fantasy is a little crazy isn't it?

We have seen him throw more passes than Flowers (and complete under 50% I would guess). Why do we assume that he's suddenly some great passer?

Because he is more athletic throwing the ball than QF is handing off or throwing.  When QF has failed in the first half against Memphis, will you be screaming to keep him in for OJT? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Whatever is least embarassing on national tv

Ah, if this could only be predicted. Personally I think QF scrambling for a few yards when the pocket collapses is less embarrassing than SB having to go fetal.

QF went fetal a few times in the Maryland game. I wasn't seeing the mobility until the D backed off. Not saying SB wouldn't...

Shhh, don't mention how the D backed off in the Maryland game, it upsets the narrative of his efficient 7.5 minute drive for a touchdown.

QF got buried several times against MD. It was like the mobility was gone. The book is out on USF, either QB is in trouble.

Nope just not riding the QF lovefest train...calling them how I see them. Not my problem if you disagree. Maybe you should go back and watch SB's time in MD game and the FAMU game which ~10 mins of playing time and then go watch QF's passes for the rest of the regular season and tell me who is the better QB. QF QBR is right around 32 which is much worse than SB or MW.

• Completed pass over middle that Adams ~23 YRD PASS had to slow down and reach back for. Negated by penalty
  • Illegally hit while throwing Overthrew Barr on sideline. Intercepted. Negated by penalty.
  • Threw high to Hit Bronson in the hands ~15-20yrds. Tipped. Intercepted.

In fact QF hasn't show he is capable of making any of those throws. The only throws he has made have been rainbow hailmary passes to wide open recievers.  

• Upvote 2