• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should Bench play IF we fall behind early?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

Whatever is least embarassing on national tv

Ah, if this could only be predicted. Personally I think QF scrambling for a few yards when the pocket collapses is less embarrassing than SB having to go fetal.

QF went fetal a few times in the Maryland game. I wasn't seeing the mobility until the D backed off. Not saying SB wouldn't...

In the offseason, I thought QF's mobility would be similar to BJ's.  From what I've seen so far, it's not even close.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Ah, if this could only be predicted. Personally I think QF scrambling for a few yards when the pocket collapses is less embarrassing than SB having to go fetal.

QF went fetal a few times in the Maryland game. I wasn't seeing the mobility until the D backed off. Not saying SB wouldn't...

In the offseason, I thought QF's mobility would be similar to BJ's.  From what I've seen so far, it's not even close.

Either is his o line

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

No, he shouldn't.

There isn't much upside to bringing Bench in. Let Flowers develop.

Obviously he will come in at the worst possible time though, and kill any offensive momentum we have.

guy but he was beat out by a sophmore.  Watching him play I see why.  Flowers is still developing and even though he is not what we all dreamed of when he signed he could get better where I think Bench has peaked.  

Even assuming they are even at this point (which they are not) the logical choice is the let Flowers develop.  

The thing is IMO Bench is a much better passer. I truly don't understand how anyone can look at QF and make a logical arguements that he is anywhere near SB.

While I think its true that rate of improvement is much better for QF I dont know if he will ever truly develop as a passer. I think SB might be able to win us games this year. The argument that we should just settle with losses while QF develops for next year doesn't ring true with me. I think there is enough talent on the team for us to win some games and to keep QF in there to me is to give up on the season...

He may be a better passer, but it is kind of like being the tallest hobbit.  QF adds a dimension and can escape when the pocket collapses.  It at least gives the defense something to think about.

Given enough reps his passing may improve.  He has the potential to keep the defense off the field with his legs. 

so QF is the fastest hobbit?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

No he shouldn't play IF we fall behind. He should play and start period.

Taggart would lose his job at half time against Memphis

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

No he shouldn't play IF we fall behind. He should play and start period.

Taggart would lose his job at half time against Memphis

So it's a win-win situation then.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

No, he shouldn't.

Obviously he will come in at the worst possible time though, and kill any offensive momentum we have.

guy but he was beat out by a sophmore.  Watching him play I see why.  Flowers is still developing and even though he is not what we all dreamed of when he signed he could get better where I think Bench has peaked.  

Even assuming they are even at this point (which they are not) the logical choice is the let Flowers develop.  

The thing is IMO Bench is a much better passer. I truly don't understand how anyone can look at QF and make a logical arguements that he is anywhere near SB.

While I think its true that rate of improvement is much better for QF I dont know if he will ever truly develop as a passer. I think SB might be able to win us games this year. The argument that we should just settle with losses while QF develops for next year doesn't ring true with me. I think there is enough talent on the team for us to win some games and to keep QF in there to me is to give up on the season...

He may be a better passer, but it is kind of like being the tallest hobbit.  QF adds a dimension and can escape when the pocket collapses.  It at least gives the defense something to think about.

Given enough reps his passing may improve.  He has the potential to keep the defense off the field with his legs. 

Hobbits are natural sprinters! Very dangerous over short distances!

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I just hope CWT lets QF air the ball out so we can know once and for all if he can truly lead this team 

If the game is close, then it means we are running the ball effectively and maybe got a couple easy TDs off play action. If that is that case....I keep doing what is working and let QF manage the game. 

However, if we fall behind big early ...I agree with you. Let QF use the entire playbook and see what he can do. IF anything else it lets you know what he can do. I see no sense in playing Bench short of injury.

What about the far fetched idea that he can throw the ball and possibly win some games?

Shhh, don't mention how the D backed off in the Maryland game, it upsets the narrative of his efficient 7.5 minute drive for a touchdown.

QF got buried several times against MD. It was like the mobility was gone. The book is out on USF, either QB is in trouble.

In fact when QF was asked to throw the ball he was sack several times...SB on the other was able to make quick decision and make some nice passes that where either called back due to a penalty or dropped by a receiver.  

No, he shouldn't.

You could be right about SB not being great, but his numbers seem to indicate he could be at least an average QB (QBR in the 50s). That could get us some wins. If QF comes out against Memphis and its more of the same in the first half, we know what we have in him a QB with a QBR in the 30's, which aint gonna cut it. To leave him in and expect a different outcome is giving up on the season. If QF comes in and can make some passes I will be elated!! b/c that means we can win some games this year and I can stop arguing for common sense approaches...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Hobbits are natural sprinters! Very dangerous over short distances!

If you're going to make those movie quotes, at least use the right race...

18c8342e09468784d52c24179bf2bc7fffa28427

• Upvote 1