• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should Bench play IF we fall behind early?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Those are not pass number those numbers are qb ratings. They take into account a QBs overall contributions to the team ie their impact. It's takes Iinto account passing and running for Qbs such as extending plays rushing yards etc. 

Will dig up the link once I get Iin front of the puter if someone doesn't beat me to it. Went through this in some detail in another thread when people get int how they feel about the QB situation... 

OK, I am just curous if they measure how having a mobile QB opens things up for the RB's.  

I dont think it does that bc that might be a bit more complicated to quantify the extent of how it effects the play.

For example it's appears to take into account the QB scrambling a extending a play and making a completion and weighs it more heavily on the QBs contribution than a bubble screen. Same if he rush and picks up a first down with his legs etc.

Here is a nice overview of the Total QBR that ESPN does:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9612585/total-quarterback-rating-college-football

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

Whoever is out there at QB needs to air it out.  That is the only way to beat this team.  If we lose trying, then so be it.  It beats losing by running up the middle and going 3 and out all day.

No way we air it out with QF at QB.   He simply can't make the throws required at this level.   I expect lots and lots of running plays tonight.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Whoever is out there at QB needs to air it out.  That is the only way to beat this team.  If we lose trying, then so be it.  It beats losing by running up the middle and going 3 and out all day.

No way we air it out with QF at QB.   He simply can't make the throws required at this level.   I expect lots and lots of running plays tonight.

That's the problem.  So does Memphis.