• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sign Ideas for Memphis (Fun!)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

How about something that actually supports the team seeing as its only the 4th game of the season and on National TV? 

I agree, at the risk of being a wet blanket.  Our players deserve not to be mocked, like the old Aints fans.

I know this is lighthearted, so I'm not gigging anyone.  I just agree we need to be positive for the players.

I'm the OP, and I actually pretty much agree with you.  Just so other BullsPenners know, I would never bring a negative sign to a game, and I wouldn't think it was very funny if anyone else did either.  But with loss after loss after loss, I see no harm in being cynical and having a sense of humor about it on our on-line community.  If by any chance any players or coaches visit the site, I'm sure they understand that it's just a rib.  I'm sure they also know that a win or two can make the fan cynicism go away real fast.

Edited by MaltLiquorBull

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

How about something that actually supports the team seeing as its only the 4th game of the season and on National TV? 

I agree, at the risk of being a wet blanket.  Our players deserve not to be mocked, like the old Aints fans.

I know this is lighthearted, so I'm not gigging anyone.  I just agree we need to be positive for the players.

I'm the OP, and I actually pretty much agree with you.  Just so other BullsPenners know, I would never bring a negative sign to a game, and I wouldn't think it was very funny if anyone else did either.  But with loss after loss after loss, I see no harm in being cynical and having a sense of humor about it on our on-line community.  If by any chance any players or coaches visit the site, I'm sure they understand that it's just a rib.  I'm sure they also know that a win or two can may the fan cynicism go away real fast.

Agree.  I did see a hilarious "sign" of sorts on a game the other night...can't recall the team.  The fan had what looked like a flat hat (like the mortar board of a grad hat).  When he learned forward, it revealed a life sized crying baby head.  It was hilarious.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah you can't just sit there and be "GO TEAM GO!" towards the dumpster fire on the field, when you pay to see a team where the players don't care, the coaches seem either incompetent, or indifferent, and the AD/ Univ Pres don't seem to really care much either.. So why should I? And I may not go to a game and say "Hey Quenton Flowers, you are worse than AIDS!" (though at QB he might be) but you can tell at Taggart all you want IMO. 

I understand wanting to be positive, and if you are, good, they need fans like you, but don't be all but-hurt that others can't just sit there watching awful football and stay positive, when the only thing positive about this season is that it will hopefully be Taggart's last. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Yeah you can't just sit there and be "GO TEAM GO!" towards the dumpster fire on the field, when you pay to see a team where the players don't care, the coaches seem either incompetent, or indifferent, and the AD/ Univ Pres don't seem to really care much either.. So why should I? And I may not go to a game and say "Hey Quenton Flowers, you are worse than AIDS!" (though at QB he might be) but you can tell at Taggart all you want IMO. 

I understand wanting to be positive, and if you are, good, they need fans like you, but don't be all but-hurt that others can't just sit there watching awful football and stay positive, when the only thing positive about this season is that it will hopefully be Taggart's last. 

What makes you think the AD doesn't care? The impression I've gotten from Harlan is that he cares a lot. Would firing CWT right now convince you? Should he grab a headset? Make a public statement about thinking CWT is going a poor job?

Edited by JTrue

Well since you picked just one thing out of all of that...

This season, most of us have known since about this time last season, has been just a year long funeral procession for Taggart's career.. We've mostly all known he's just not capable of getting the job done, and yet, mostly for monetary reasons, he's been left to die out there while the fans get to basically either wait until he's fired, or hope, against all logic, that he turns it around "just cuz". There was no reason to believe he'd suddenly get better at his job, and there hasn't been a single reason to believe Taggart can make this team into a winner, basically since McNeese State handed USF their azz in his first abortion of a coaching job 2+ years ago. 

And as for his other major hire, Antigua has been a dud also- reminding me of Robert McCallum essentially, but with the Dominican Junior National team. 

So we get to sit and watch the fanbase dwindle, as Friday's game will mostly be friends, family, and whoever takes free tickets with an oil change at a Tampa Jiffy Lube. 

I'm sure Harlan cares more than Woolard, because it's hard to beat "not at all" but so far he's been almost as apathetic as the rest of the bunch. But USF needs to be out front of the coaching hires this offseason, and that means giving Tags his walking papers either the moment the season ends, or if they really want to get a jump, go ahead and can him mid season, just to express how awful a job Taggart has done. 

Also I liked the Stuart Scott reference. 

Edited by cambodia36

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

MEANWHILE IN ORLANDO

That's fun and all, but we're a FAMU away from being 0'fer as well. Let's not get too excited.

The thing is, though, we did have FAMU and the fact that they've started out the way they did after putting up those billboards is ******* hilarious, so nothing wrong with getting excited about that .... Still wouldn't be surprised, though, if they end up challenging for another conference title. The football gods have a sense of humor at times and absolutely no sense of fair play.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

This season, most of us have known since about this time last season, has been just a year long funeral procession for Taggart's career.. We've mostly all known he's just not capable of getting the job done, and yet, mostly for monetary reasons, he's been left to die out there while the fans get to basically either wait until he's fired, or hope, against all logic, that he turns it around "just cuz". There was no reason to believe he'd suddenly get better at his job, and there hasn't been a single reason to believe Taggart can make this team into a winner, basically since McNeese State handed USF their azz in his first abortion of a coaching job 2+ years ago. 

And as for his other major hire, Antigua has been a dud also- reminding me of Robert McCallum essentially, but with the Dominican Junior National team. 

So we get to sit and watch the fanbase dwindle, as Friday's game will mostly be friends, family, and whoever takes free tickets with an oil change at a Tampa Jiffy Lube. 

I'm sure Harlan cares more than Woolard, because it's hard to beat "not at all" but so far he's been almost as apathetic as the rest of the bunch. But USF needs to be out front of the coaching hires this offseason, and that means giving Tags his walking papers either the moment the season ends, or if they really want to get a jump, go ahead and can him mid season, just to express how awful a job Taggart has done. 

Agree with you wholeheartedly about Taggart.

Thoroughly disagree with you about Antigua and Harlan.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

CWT wasn't fired because you don't fire a coach after two seasons.  To me, three is the tipping point.  Year three is where you would expect to see improvement (We haven't yet).

Now, to say Antigua is a dud, is way premature.  Men's basketball at USF is a totally different animal.  It's going to take time to build anything here.

To date, I think Harlan has been a very good hire for USF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831

Ok, I don't feel so bad about my Stuie sign now that Cambodia is throwing around the abortion term like a fisbee.

I would get giving him time if there was reason to believe it might get better, but there really hasn't been any indication it will. 

Fans were (way too) patient with Holtz and USF got left behind, by major conferences, by the other state schools, etc. 

These days in college football, a 5 year plan is 4 years too long. There is too much at stake to preach patience while the rest of college football is passing you by. 

And we'll see with Antigua, but early returns haven't been good.. I'm never a fan of coaches that lock in to a specific region, or country in this case. None of these guys he is bringing in are the next Karl Anthony-Towns. 

also 331- just to be clear (and not trying to start anything at all) i was using that term more like "an object or undertaking regarded by the speaker as unpleasant or badly made or carried out" (dictionary definition) not anything about babies or whatnot. 

Edited by cambodia36