• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many wins left?

SMU lost to James Madison at home today...

UCF has yet to score more than 15 points this year... and they are injury depleted = yes, Holman will be back -- but their OL is worse than ours... and their D isn't much to look at.

U Conn and Temple have good defenses, but bad offenses...

Cincinnati and Memphis have good offenses, but bad defenses...

ECU is hard to figure out - they really seem to be more lucky than good...

Syracuse play bigger than themselves today, and LSU could not pass to save themselves... I don't know if they will be as tough when they come to our house

Navy might be the hardest game left.

----------------------

So my take: the USF team we saw against Maryland might win at 2 more games (SMU and UCF)...

the USF team we saw against FSU can win all of the the remaining games... none of the above are world beaters...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

SMU lost to James Madison at home today...

UCF has yet to score more than 15 points this year... and they are injury depleted = yes, Holman will be back -- but their OL is worse than ours... and their D isn't much to look at.

U Conn and Temple have good defenses, but bad offenses...

Cincinnati and Memphis have good offenses, but bad defenses...

ECU is hard to figure out - they really seem to be more lucky than good...

Syracuse play bigger than themselves today, and LSU could not pass to save themselves... I don't know if they will be as tough when they come to our house

Navy might be the hardest game left.

----------------------

So my take: the USF team we saw against Maryland might win at 2 more games (SMU and UCF)...

the USF team we saw against FSU can win all of the the remaining games... none of the above are world beaters...

you drinkin again tonite?  :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Less than 5. I am not convinced USF will go bowling this year.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3. UConn, SMU, UCF. But maybe we lose one of those and get a miracle win in another game. I don't see more than 3 wins left for us. The margin of error for USF in every game is just too small. MD could throw 3 picks and still beat us, one of those picks lead to a TD, USF just can't make that many mistakes and recover. Mistakes are going to happen, we're in a position where near perfect defense is needed to have a chance to win.

Less than 3 wouldn't surprise me either.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

SMU and UCF look safe.  With UCF only averaging 14 points a game, we can beat them with our 17 point average  :3  Then SMU isn't exactly a complete team yet, but they are improving.  We can win though. 

I think we beat 'Cuse and then drop the UConn game because that's just our luck.  Lose all the rest.  End up 3-9 and its time to  Free Willie.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Guys, we maybe win one more game against SMU.  Taggart will lose his third straight against UCF, if he is still here by that date.  This team cannot beat anyone else on our schedule, and it's certainly not because they are worse athletes.  This team has been unprepared to be successful and win games because the man in charge does not have the brain pan to be a successful FBS head coach.  He can recruit good athletes, however, he cannot coach them to success.  It's as plain and simple as the sarcasm that comes from Triple B's posts.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

USF team we saw vs Wisconsin should have won 6 games easy last year.

We played our best vs Fsu and besides Cook the rest were still sleeping.

The team we have is somewhere in the middle between the one we saw vs Maryland and Fsu.

I think defense is better than we saw vs Maryland but offense is what we have.

No sure wins but 50% chance vs smu, uconn, ucf and maybe syracuse. Rest a 30% chance..so I see us ending with around 3 or 4 wins more so a 5 win season at best I think. Based on what I have seen so far.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

With QF as QB we lose to any team with a good O. I suspect our D is better than what we saw at MD but it will get harder and harder to move the ball as Ds have film on the 10-15 plays we run a game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

You guys are getting extremely pessimistic.. I fully expect wins vs UConn and UCF. and we can definitely beat SMU. After that, idk. We will probably coin flip vs ECU. I really think we can get 5 wins still.

You apparently have not watched SMU this year. Also UCONN has a top 25 defense in the nation. Coin flip ECU? They just beat VT at home. 

I was going to reply with the same assessment as yours, NewEnglandBull.  I guess there can be too much optimism just as there can be too much pessimism. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I submit that the only big win we have left is if we replace the head coach with a better one.

• Upvote 1