• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did we miss out? Litton debuts with 4 TDs in win

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I knew what you were saying. For every Cam Newton (which there's about 1), there are a hundred roster fillers. This isn't baseball. You can't grab a JuCo QB and plug him in. There are rarely even decent QBs available that route.

Aaron Rogers, Cam Newton, LeGarrette Blount, Corey Dillon, LaVonte David, Jacquian Williams, Jason Pierre-Paul, Nick Fairley, Cortez Kennedy, Michael Williams, Josh Heupel, Mike Rozier, Roger Staubach, OJ SImpson (sorry Nicole and Ron), etc, etc, etc.

The NFL has a healthy quantity of players that spent some early time at JUCO's.  Funny and ignorant is no way to go through life JTrue, try a little research prior to sticking your sizable Keds in your blow hole.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I knew what you were saying. For every Cam Newton (which there's about 1), there are a hundred roster fillers. This isn't baseball. You can't grab a JuCo QB and plug him in. There are rarely even decent QBs available that route.

Aaron Rogers, Cam Newton, LeGarrette Blount, Corey Dillon, LaVonte David, Jacquian Williams, Jason Pierre-Paul, Nick Fairley, Cortez Kennedy, Michael Williams, Josh Heupel, Mike Rozier, Roger Staubach, OJ SImpson (sorry Nicole and Ron), etc, etc, etc.

The NFL has a healthy quantity of players that spent some early time at JUCO's.  Funny and ignorant is no way to go through life JTrue, try a little research prior to sticking your sizable Keds in your blow hole.

So you gave me, what, four QBs in 50 years? I think the numbers are just a bit tilted in my favor.

I can make it easier for you. Name 10 JuCo QBs in the last 10 years that have made even a marginal impact at their programs. But, instead of Keds, lets go with British Knights in my mouth. Since we're using 80s shoes as the bet.

Edited by JTrue

So you gave me, what, four QBs in 50 years? I think the numbers are just a bit tilted in my favor.

I can make it easier for you. Name 10 JuCo QBs in the last 10 years that have made even a marginal impact at their programs. But, instead of Keds, lets go with British Knights in my mouth. Since we're using 80s shoes as the bet.

The point is that you don't overlook the JUCO route for a possible QB at USF simply because you have this myopic view that former JUCO QB's aren't in the NFL in great numbers.  USF's best QB's ever didn't make it in the NFL (Grothe, Blackwell, BJ Daniels (not playing QB), Chad Barnhardt).  Chad Kelley is tearing it up with Ole Miss, he's a JUCO transfer.  Heck, Julian Edelman was QB for a year at a JUCO then became a receiver in college.  USF can't limit their options in getting good players from the JUCO ranks, whether they be QB's or any other position. SEC schools (Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss. St., LSU, etc), Oregon, K. State, FSU, USF (under Leavitt). etc, etc, have all used JUCOs to bolster there team rosters to be successful.  A little deeper thinking and a little less poop jokes would do you well JTrue.

Edited by hbryan

The point is that you don't overlook the JUCO route for a possible QB at USF simply because you have this myopic view that former JUCO QB's aren't in the NFL in great numbers.  USF's best QB's ever didn't make it in the NFL (Grothe, Blackwell, BJ Daniels (not playing QB), Chad Barnhardt).  Chad Kelley is tearing it up with Ole Miss, he's a JUCO transfer.  Heck, Julian Edelman was QB for a year at a JUCO then became a receiver in college.  USF can't limit their options in getting good players from the JUCO ranks, whether they be QB's or any other position. SEC schools (Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss. St., LSU, etc), Oregon, K. State, FSU, USF (under Leavitt) have all used JUCOs to bolster there team rosters to be successful.  A little deeper thinking and a little less poop jokes would do you well JTrue.

So...no. You can't name 10 QBs. No one is talking about other positions. We covered that already. There are plenty of players who went the JuCo route and had fantastic college careers. QBs only. Stick to the script if you're going to spew ****. Also, I took a dump while I was waiting for your response. I was starting to think you'd thrown in the towel on even trying to answer the question.

See, what we're doing here, is responding to the statement that USF should have brought in 2 JuCo QBs. Then what happened was a statement that that would not have worked. I chimed in with the post that quality JuCo QBs are hard to come by. You declared that QBs shouldn't be overlooked since JPP was a JuCo guy. I think you also added that since BJ is playing WR for Seattle, that means we could have gotten a good QB from junior college. See where I'm going with this?

Edited by JTrue

The point is that you don't overlook the JUCO route for a possible QB at USF simply because you have this myopic view that former JUCO QB's aren't in the NFL in great numbers.  USF's best QB's ever didn't make it in the NFL (Grothe, Blackwell, BJ Daniels (not playing QB), Chad Barnhardt).  Chad Kelley is tearing it up with Ole Miss, he's a JUCO transfer.  Heck, Julian Edelman was QB for a year at a JUCO then became a receiver in college.  USF can't limit their options in getting good players from the JUCO ranks, whether they be QB's or any other position. SEC schools (Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss. St., LSU, etc), Oregon, K. State, FSU, USF (under Leavitt) have all used JUCOs to bolster there team rosters to be successful.  A little deeper thinking and a little less poop jokes would do you well JTrue.

So...no. You can't name 10 QBs. No one is talking about other positions. We covered that already. There are plenty of players who went the JuCo route and had fantastic college careers. QBs only. Stick to the script if you're going to spew ****. Also, I took a dump while I was waiting for your response. I was starting to think you'd thrown in the towel on even trying to answer the question.

You're the one spewing here about JUCO QBs being unworthy of recognition.  I'm pointing out the error in your logic.  I guess it's "spewing ****" if I don't agree with you.  Hey, so be it, I don't agree with your myopic view.  I guess you can call it what you want to call it by ignoring multiple references to NFL and CFB successes already listed with a minimum of googling at midnight, but it certainly doesn't mean that I have to agree with you, does it?

You're the one spewing here about JUCO QBs being unworthy of recognition.  I'm pointing out the error in your logic.  I guess it's "spewing ****" if I don't agree with you.  Hey, so be it, I don't agree with your myopic view.  I guess you can call it what you want to call it by ignoring multiple references to NFL and CFB successes already listed with a minimum of googling at midnight, but it certainly doesn't mean that I have to agree with you, does it?

Again, for the cheap seats. Prove me wrong by giving me 10 JuCo QBs that have panned out in the last 10 years and you win. Not 10 starters. 10 players who a college football fan will agree with you on them being impact players. I'll even change my avatar to the picture of your choice.

*Also, myopic is a big word. Dumb it down for me.

Edited by JTrue

Again, for the cheap seats. Prove me wrong by giving me 10 JuCo QBs that have panned out in the last 10 years and you win. I'll even change my avatar to the picture of your choice.

This is the last second I'm spending on this issue, since I'm sure that I could come up with 10 over the last 10 years but I have better things to do with my life. The life of a troll is spent having others do his research for him via, "prove me wrong with research", "link", etc.  Congrats, you're a great troll but I'm not biting on that useless lure.  Keep up the comedy though, you're very good at that.

Again, for the cheap seats. Prove me wrong by giving me 10 JuCo QBs that have panned out in the last 10 years and you win. I'll even change my avatar to the picture of your choice.

This is the last second I'm spending on this issue, since I'm sure that I could come up with 10 over the last 10 years but I have better things to do with my life. The life of a troll is spent having others do his research for him via, "prove me wrong with research", "link", etc.  Congrats, you're a great troll but I'm not biting on that useless lure.  Keep up the comedy though, you're very good at that.

And I think the "I don't have to prove anything to you..." line is mark of a beaten post.

kid%20crying_inline.gif?1353809161

Edited by JTrue

I found exactly 10. 1 Impact QB per year, on average. Do I get to put my own shoe in my mouth for finding out I'm so very wrong on the point that QBs are easy to come by when recruiting the junior college ranks?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Well, you should at least change your avatar to a picture of your own choice.