• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Harlan being "besieged" with complaints

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Wait until next year.

Wait until Maryland then we'll know what we are.

Wait until conference play.

I've waited. Taggart has shown he won't change his philosophy. Can the athletes on the team squeeze some AAC wins out despite his coaching, probably, but that isn't a ringing endorsement.

Let's be fair.  Taggart DID change his philosophy.  It was a philosophy of line up a bunch of tight ends and fullbacks, take every possible second between  plays to mull things over and change things at the line, then run the ball until desperation time and then start passing

Now we do all of this with WRs instead of TEs doing the blocking, and without a huddle but taking just as long to get a play call in.

Very different philosophy.

The only thing that didn't change is him calling the plays, his inability to game plan and being beyond predictable.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Don't need to fire him. People were way too optimistic coming into the season so seeing a few losses in a row makes it seem worse than it really is. Our team is better, but with Willie running the show on offense we're gonna be in dog fights for our wins if we have any the rest of the year. 

Reminds me of Raheem Morris and the Bucs. He was more the players friend than a coach. Sad to see so much talent wasted because we have someone incapable of coming up with a good game plan and good play calling. 

Still think we finish 5-7.

Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Don't need to fire him. People were way too optimistic coming into the season so seeing a few losses in a row makes it seem worse than it really is. Our team is better, but with Willie running the show on offense we're gonna be in dog fights for our wins if we have any the rest of the year. 

Reminds me of Raheem Morris and the Bucs. He was more the players friend than a coach. Sad to see so much talent wasted because we have someone incapable of coming up with a good game plan and good play calling. 

This is the problem.  He is not the authorative figure they need.  He's like another friend to these guys and they don't respect him. 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

He's not like Raheem, he's not a friend of the players and they don't respect him.  You seem to be confused or you're making stuff up.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I am not sure how this helps the team...I hope we do not act prematurely before we even get into conference play

If this alludes to CWT being fired...I agree 100%. I want to see better game play and wins like everyone else, but I don't think this is the answer, especially this early in the season. Maryland was a winnable game, but firing CWT would only make things worse for this team and is not the answer.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

He will get all this season to make a case he is just a qb away from having a solid team. Could make case in Fsu game but can't in Maryland game.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Wait until next year.

Wait until Maryland then we'll know what we are.

Wait until conference play.

I've waited. Taggart has shown he won't change his philosophy. Can the athletes on the team squeeze some AAC wins out despite his coaching, probably, but that isn't a ringing endorsement.

Let's be fair.  Taggart DID change his philosophy.  It was a philosophy of line up a bunch of tight ends and fullbacks, take every possible second between  plays to mull things over and change things at the line, then run the ball until desperation time and then start passing

Now we do all of this with WRs instead of TEs doing the blocking, and without a huddle but taking just as long to get a play call in.

Very different philosophy.

The only thing that didn't change is him calling the plays, his inability to game plan and being beyond predictable.

Yeah, minor stuff.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

He will get all this season to make a case he is just a qb away from having a solid team. Could make case in Fsu game but can't in Maryland game.[/qu

It is not too difficult to watch our games and see that we are more than just a player or away. Having a good QB still won't change that his decision making, game planning, play calling and personnel management are a disaster.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

He will get all this season to make a case he is just a qb away from having a solid team. Could make case in Fsu game but can't in Maryland game.[/qu

It is not too difficult to watch our games and see that we are more than just a player or away. Having a good QB still won't change that his decision making, game planning, play calling and personnel management are a disaster.

Exactly, blaming young players and not the coach who makes millions of dollars, is the response of mental midgets.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Meet your new HC, Greg Schiano

No joking guys

It's amazing how years of losing can change your opinion of a guy. I'm not too Opposed to Schiano.. He gave us hell every year back in our prime.

I'd stop supporting football. Call me a bad fan or whatever -- don't care. I hate Schiano way more than I love USF Football. I especially hate Schiano way more than I love post-CWT and post-CSH USF Football. I'm not going to sit around and watch that dolt come up with more lumberjack gimmicks.

I'd just start going to more soccer games.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1