• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Substituting Bench after touchdown drive

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

The only thing I can think was that Flowers was gassed?  Holy crap QF just threw one in the dirt.

Because we couldn't win with another drive that takes 8 minutes. Let Bench go try and air it out. He got picked, MD scored again. Game over so put QF back in

This. Can't take another 8 minute drive to score plus you put Bench into a high risk situation where he will likely fail and you can justify Flowers.

Bench's pick was 100% on Bronson.

Agreed. But it goes down as an int and through the lenses of Taggartvision Bench did not perform so will go back to not playing.

3rd and 20 pick was on Bench, but it's 3rd and 20 and you have to move the ball. I'd swap them all game long situationally but it's clear Bench will never be Taggart's guy.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

The only thing I can think was that Flowers was gassed?  Holy crap QF just threw one in the dirt.

Because we couldn't win with another drive that takes 8 minutes. Let Bench go try and air it out. He got picked, MD scored again. Game over so put QF back in

This. Can't take another 8 minute drive to score plus you put Bench into a high risk situation where he will likely fail and you can justify Flowers.

Bench's pick was 100% on Bronson.

Agreed. But it goes down as an int and through the lenses of Taggartvision Bench did not perform so will go back to not playing.

3rd and 20 pick was on Bench, but it's 3rd and 20 and you have to move the ball. I'd swap them all game long situationally but it's clear Bench will never be Taggart's guy.

Whatever.  Taggart can do the same crap game in and game out this year AGAIN and then be on his way out the door.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  95
  • Days Won:  1

Quentin had the one bad pick. Other than that, his throws downfield weren't terrible today. He is only allowed to throw <5 yards. If Adams doesn't drop that long ball it is a different conversation.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

Willie promised he would fill that stadium up, gonna fill it up

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

T-man, completely agree, but our opinion seems to be in the minority regarding QF.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

I believe its for the same reason they tried to force the wrs to be involved, They were ********, i know Adams was ********, dont ***** no more

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Quentin had the one bad pick. Other than that, his throws downfield weren't terrible today. He is only allowed to throw <5 yards. If Adams doesn't drop that long ball it is a different conversation.

I think QF is playing within himself and is improving bit by bit each game. Unfortunately IMO I don't think he is to the point we're he can win us games. If we get out to a big lead he might be able to maintain it. If we are behind and he needs to throw we are basically dead in the water...WR did not help anyone this game which is disappointing to say the least but this was the case in 2014 against MD and it doesn't look to have changed yet. If we are hoping for a QB that has 2-3 good passes a game to win us games it looks as though our WR might drop a large percentage of those...sad day for bulls nation.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I said it in the game thread. I feel like Flowers and the offense is playing at Football. Not playing to win. In other words they run plays. Doesn't even seem anyone can make plays except Johnson. No sense of urgency to score. Just go out and run a play. Not winning football at all..

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Taggart just wanted to set up bench to fail. Now he can bench Bench and let Flowers take sacks on 4th down or throw bad balls all game. I think Taggart wants to get fired just to get a paycheck for nothing

you may be on to something.  He definitely has set SB up to fail on more than one occasion.