• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Start Bench

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

If it were me, I would give Bench the same chance Flowers got.  But that's why I am not a coach I guess :D

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

I can't understand how people are still on the Bench bandwagon. Even his big completion for a first down wasn't a great throw, the receiver made a good catch. It was wobbly as hell too. He threw towards a receiver he thought was about 8 feet tall and then got picked ... badly.

Flowers belongs in the game. I don't know WTF CWT was thinking taking him out after the 17 play TD drive. That drive doesn't happen with Bench in the game.

I don't want to see Bench in the game again unless God forbid something happens to Flowers.

Flowers couldn't even find a Wr that would allow him to have a bad throw.

Really? Rodney Adams and DJ disagree. Both WRs cost us 14 points on solid throws from QF.

You're picking out two plas where he actually could find someone. What about every other time he held it too long and got sacked or ran for minimal yards?

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

Or passed the ball behind the line of scrimmage. How many completions were WR screens?

I can't understand how people are still on the Bench bandwagon. Even his big completion for a first down wasn't a great throw, the receiver made a good catch. It was wobbly as hell too. He threw towards a receiver he thought was about 8 feet tall and then got picked ... badly.

Flowers belongs in the game. I don't know WTF CWT was thinking taking him out after the 17 play TD drive. That drive doesn't happen with Bench in the game.

I don't want to see Bench in the game again unless God forbid something happens to Flowers.

Really? Rodney Adams and DJ disagree. Both WRs cost us 14 points on solid throws from QF.

You're picking out two plas where he actually could find someone. What about every other time he held it too long and got sacked or ran for minimal yards?

He got blowed up in the pocket.  I wasn't seeing the magical agility until Maryland backed off.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

He had better than 50% completion, and then a couple drops for TDs.  Turn those into completions and that's 14 more points and he's 12-19, which isn't great numbers, but it's not terrible.

Running for minimal yards, I'm not going to bash him for.  Bench held the ball for too long on his ONE drive and was lucky not to throw a pick there.  But then he threw a pick on his ONE drive. 

You can only blame a QB so much for sacks and pocket flushes.  The O-line sucked today.  Not QF's fault.  

Or passed the ball behind the line of scrimmage. How many completions were WR screens?

This is a playcalling issue.  One of the things I'm the most disgusted with today is offensive playcalling.  It was the definition of offensive today.  

He got blowed up in the pocket.  I wasn't seeing the magical agility until Maryland backed off.

You have to blame the O-line for this. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

He had better than 50% completion, and then a couple drops for TDs. Turn those into completions and that's 14 more points and he's 12-19, which isn't great numbers, but it's not terrible.

Running for minimal yards, I'm not going to bash him for. Bench held the ball for too long on his ONE drive and was lucky not to throw a pick there. But then he threw a pick on his ONE drive.

You can only blame a QB so much for sacks and pocket flushes. The O-line sucked today. Not QF's fault.

Fair enough on the line, but if you have zero threat of throwing then what happens? In addition, the inside runs and screens are awful. How do they spread when no one believes they can? Edited by USFBULL_08

You have to blame the O-line for this. 

Yeah but I am just pointing that out because one of the knocks on Bench is that he takes sacks...  I didn't see a very elusive QF today.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

He had better than 50% completion, and then a couple drops for TDs.  Turn those into completions and that's 14 more points and he's 12-19, which isn't great numbers, but it's not terrible.

Running for minimal yards, I'm not going to bash him for.  Bench held the ball for too long on his ONE drive and was lucky not to throw a pick there.  But then he threw a pick on his ONE drive. 

You can only blame a QB so much for sacks and pocket flushes.  The O-line sucked today.  Not QF's fault.  

Wow I didn't think anyone would come out trying to defend QF's performance today but look at that someone surprised me...

If you want to say QF did not lose us the game alone, 100% agree...if you want to say WR didn't help him out 100% agree...if you want to say pulling him in the 4th then putting him back in makes no sense 100% agree...

but to say its not QF had no fault you are way out in lala land...

When is the last time we had a game that we only passed for 60yrds? Going to try and find it now...