• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF returns 9000 tickets to FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

If we could only sell 1,900 to an in-state team like FSU, imagine if it was for a major bowl game cross country like the Fiesta or Rose? UConn would be laughing at us!

Possibly, but then again if we were invited to a major bowl game, that would mean we were solidly a winning team...I think we'd have more travel a long way to see a winning team.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Harlan is without any doubt an improvement.

He's not perfect. I like the fact he takes action, even if I personally don't believe it was the best action possible.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Living in the Northeast, I usually attend every game from DC northward. So, now the policy is because I don't have season tickets this year I won't be able to get tickets and sit with the other 8 USF fans that have endured rain, ice, low humidity and frustration at UCONN together?

Anyway you try to defend it, it is a stupid policy while trying to re-capture a disillusioned fan base.

Changing subjects slightly. I know a lot of people think Harlan walks on water because he is not Woolard, but jury is still out in my opinion. Football attendance has dropped under his watch, BB is still a mess, football scheduling, in my opinion, is getting worse each year. Then we have knuckleheaded policies like this.

I know he is still relatively new and changes he made will take time to work. All I am saying is I'm not as impressed as others are yet. He may end up being great just haven't it yet.

I have to agree 100%..... I don't understand the Harlan can do no wrong crowd. Our revenue sports are terrible, granted it will take time to change that and Tags was not his guy.

Not saying Harlan is the best AD in the country, but to say our football and basketball programs are a mess under him isn't even close to fair.

He came in and made a very good decision in letting Heath go and brought in a good young coach. He can't control our best player in Egbunu transferring as well as many others leaving. Will take another couple of years for the basketball program with the way everything played out no matter who was AD. He didn't hire Taggart either and our football was an absolute mess before he got here. I think it's okay to still wait to see what you think of him as an AD, but put it all into perspective when talking basketball/football specifically. 

Agree that the ticket policies are horrendous though.

If you're talking about the away ticket policies, if they have changed with Harlan, I think it's in an effort to get more people invested in USF Athletics. Our donation level is the lowest among the public universities in our conference, around $2 million lower than the next lowest. That's a bigger red flag to future potential conferences than away game attendance.

And if you don't want to invest in USF Athletics, check with the Alumni Association. Pretty sure there are away game tix available thru them .... and if you're not a member of the Alumni Association, STFU about what USF's not doing for you.

Wow... Why don't you chill out?

I'm out of the state for the next year or so on business so none of the ticket stuff involves me I was just reading other's experiences and if someone who is not a season ticket holder or apart of the alumni association cannot buy an away game ticket through our ticket office I believe that is horrendous. If that gets you so fired up you need to tell me to stfu maybe you should take a little break from the boards Mr. Mod...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Living in the Northeast, I usually attend every game from DC northward. So, now the policy is because I don't have season tickets this year I won't be able to get tickets and sit with the other 8 USF fans that have endured rain, ice, low humidity and frustration at UCONN together?

Anyway you try to defend it, it is a stupid policy while trying to re-capture a disillusioned fan base.

Changing subjects slightly. I know a lot of people think Harlan walks on water because he is not Woolard, but jury is still out in my opinion. Football attendance has dropped under his watch, BB is still a mess, football scheduling, in my opinion, is getting worse each year. Then we have knuckleheaded policies like this.

I know he is still relatively new and changes he made will take time to work. All I am saying is I'm not as impressed as others are yet. He may end up being great just haven't it yet.

I have to agree 100%..... I don't understand the Harlan can do no wrong crowd. Our revenue sports are terrible, granted it will take time to change that and Tags was not his guy.

Not saying Harlan is the best AD in the country, but to say our football and basketball programs are a mess under him isn't even close to fair.

He came in and made a very good decision in letting Heath go and brought in a good young coach. He can't control our best player in Egbunu transferring as well as many others leaving. Will take another couple of years for the basketball program with the way everything played out no matter who was AD. He didn't hire Taggart either and our football was an absolute mess before he got here. I think it's okay to still wait to see what you think of him as an AD, but put it all into perspective when talking basketball/football specifically. 

Agree that the ticket policies are horrendous though.

If you're talking about the away ticket policies, if they have changed with Harlan, I think it's in an effort to get more people invested in USF Athletics. Our donation level is the lowest among the public universities in our conference, around $2 million lower than the next lowest. That's a bigger red flag to future potential conferences than away game attendance.

And if you don't want to invest in USF Athletics, check with the Alumni Association. Pretty sure there are away game tix available thru them .... and if you're not a member of the Alumni Association, STFU about what USF's not doing for you.

Wow... Why don't you chill out?

I'm out of the state for the next year or so on business so none of the ticket stuff involves me I was just reading other's experiences and if someone who is not a season ticket holder or apart of the alumni association cannot buy an away game ticket through our ticket office I believe that is horrendous. If that gets you so fired up you need to tell me to stfu maybe you should take a little break from the boards Mr. Mod...

The second paragraph wasn't directed specifically at you .... You just got in the way.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Harlan is without any doubt an improvement.

He's not perfect. I like the fact he takes action, even if I personally don't believe it was the best action possible.

+1000000 nothing worse than leadership not trying for improvement.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Good afternoon all. A season ticket member e-mailed this afternoon and mentioned that he has 8 extra tickets to the game.

If interested, then please feel free to e-mail him at rick@sea-levelsolutions.com

Thanks John, I bought a bunch from him

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Harlan has done some great things since he got here, but I have zero faith in his donor, alumni, and ticket management

My opinion only

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

Meanwhile the UCiF Kniggits requested additional tickets from Stanford to fill out demand.  Them clowns are going to bring more fans to a game across the country than we bring to a game across the state.

BS. USF received a total of 11k for this game and returned 8500 so at least 2500 wil be there not counting those that bought outside of USF for the season tix restriction. We will have 3k at least there not the 13k we had years ago but as bad as we have been no surprise.

UCF did not get 3k to sell to Stanford.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

In the past, you were able to call down here and they would sell you tickets?

And the policy is season tickets OR a Bulls Club member, for as little as $100yr, payable in installments ...

Yes, I could call the usf ticket office to get away game tickets. Paying $100 to athletics means I have to reduce my donation to the college of social science which I refuse to do. As an Alumni I can go through them but talk about a disorganized process. They can only help for "some" games. I said screw it and called Navy and Uconn to get my tickets. If we make a bowl I will probably just use Stub Hub.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

In the past, you were able to call down here and they would sell you tickets?

And the policy is season tickets OR a Bulls Club member, for as little as $100yr, payable in installments ...

Yes, I could call the usf ticket office to get away game tickets. Paying $100 to athletics means I have to reduce my donation to the college of social science which I refuse to do. As an Alumni I can go through them but talk about a disorganized process. They can only help for "some" games. I said screw it and called Navy and Uconn to get my tickets. If we make a bowl I will probably just use Stub Hub.

Some games are better than no games but I completely understand the disorganized part. Here's the link for the Navy game, https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/univsouthflorida/EN/promotion/home I stumbled onto one for the ECU game but no idea how to get back to it without going thru my account. Looks like the Alumni tix became active the day after the offers to season tix/BC members original expiration date. Couldn't find any easy access on their site though.... Shouldn't be that hard.