• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU point spread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

I wish I could rewatch the game... my only real concern was that floater that got picked.... it looked like he threw it off his back foot

I re-watched the game today because well we taigated too hard lol.  He was rushed and hit a bit and could not follow through on the pick.  He does float them a bit, but overall looked better on TV then in person last night.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I wish I could rewatch the game... my only real concern was that floater that got picked.... it looked like he threw it off his back foot

I re-watched the game today because well we taigated too hard lol.  He was rushed and hit a bit and could not follow through on the pick.  He does float them a bit, but overall looked better on TV then in person last night.

I was very critical at the start of the game, maybe too much so. I guess I had last season in my head.

After watching it again, it looked better.

It's going to be a long day in Tallahassee... the USF defense is significantly better than Texas State... who managed to force a couple of three-and-outs early in the game.  (Florida State had 3 touchdowns and 3 punts in the first half, plus a muffed punt that lead to TSU's only touchdown)

The real issue is how well USF can move the ball.  There were a few series where FAMU was able to stop the USF running game.  It wasn't until Flowers started throwing -- or rather it wasn't until CWT called passing plays -- that USF was able to capitalize on some runs.

USF is going to be pumped for this game... but I don't think the talent is there to pull off the upset.

That said, FSU will win - and the game may never be in doubt - but I'd put the margin around 17... and I'd say the the over/under for the game might be 30-35.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

Skingraft.... you can watch the whole game on watch/espn in the replay section.......just like watching espn3....hope this helps.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

It's going to be a long day in Tallahassee... the USF defense is significantly better than Texas State... who managed to force a couple of three-and-outs early in the game.  (Florida State had 3 touchdowns and 3 punts in the first half, plus a muffed punt that lead to TSU's only touchdown)

The real issue is how well USF can move the ball.  There were a few series where FAMU was able to stop the USF running game.  It wasn't until Flowers started throwing -- or rather it wasn't until CWT called passing plays -- that USF was able to capitalize on some runs.

USF is going to be pumped for this game... but I don't think the talent is there to pull off the upset.

That said, FSU will win - and the game may never be in doubt - but I'd put the margin around 17... and I'd say the the over/under for the game might be 30-35.

Straight up football, FSU wins. No way around that.

BUT...

USF is no normal football program. We pull upsets... It's been a long time and we are overdue for an upset.

It certainly would be a signature win for CWT and Co.

What we need is crazy football and all bets are off if that happens!

Edited by BasketBull2014
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594

This is going to sound funny, but i think we score more than people think. I really like how we looked in our first week of running this offense with a qb in his second career start.

As for covering: Too early to say

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I think he was in the process of getting drilled, which caused him to not get all into it.  Adams has a TD if it's close. But...he was also running out of real estate (Adams would've been in the end zone).

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I think our LBs get exposed big time this game. Harris and Whitehurst suspensions are going to hurt.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I would not take USF to cover, as FSU surely remembers the last time we were at the Doak, and their coaches will be warning them to not look past us.

This may be the biggest spread ever for USF as a dog.  But FSU, as with most top teams, will be playing for style and computer rewards, so letting off the throttle is not likely.  They were up by 32 into the 4th, and surprising brought Golston back in to gash a worn out Texas St for a quick & easy TD.  Only then did they bring in Maguire to score another TD.  They ran away late from Texas St and poured it on hard, late.

Unless our D plays near lights out, FSU will have our way with us.  If our D line gets pressure, we could be OK, but I worry our LBs (especially missing 2 of our tops) can't hang with FSU's RBs.  FSU also has numerous stud WRs, and will be tough to cover.  I do like our secondary, and know they will fight (and hopefully Byrd puts the wood to some of these WRs, to set the tone.

My guess is they win by 31+, but I would not be shocked if we covered.  For us to win, all cylinders must be firing in synch.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791

Those Vegas oddsmakers are pretty darned good at what they do...USF is going to have its hands full with FSU.  Texas State was in the game with FSU first half but was out of gas for second half.  Second half will make or break USF...hope all the conditioning and practicing has got the guys in peak physical and mental condition.  Go Bulls...scalp the 'Noles!