• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

8/15 Practice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Flowers is not a QB.

That's what I've been thinking all year. Best case scenario, Woulard gets the waiver and Flowers moves to WR.

Bench is best option if cwt wants to save his job unless woulard gets waver

I agree, but coach likes Flowers more, so he'll probably get the nod.

If Taggart is not over that mindset he better polish his resume. We need the qb that will give us the best chance to win out there. If it's Bench, then play him. It sounds like he has been more consistent the last couple of days. He just needs to tighten up on throwing those ints , but it seems like everyone is throwing them.
He'd better start Flowers in a READ OPTION RUN offense.  I'm not sure what system you guys think we're running but we're a read option team.  Just like Auburn.  I'd think more Nick Marshall ... If the QB in this system is not a real threat to run, this system doesn't work.

Not sure if you've been following along but Bench its plenty capable of running in TDs. If you watched last year unless you have a passing threat Ds will Tee up on the running QB...

Tell that to Georgia Tech...

• Downvote 1

If Bench wins the starting job I'm ignoring USF and will go balls deep with UCLA... I have a connection there too (or rather here)... I'll see USF when they get a QB and Coach.

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Flowers is not a QB.

That's what I've been thinking all year. Best case scenario, Woulard gets the waiver and Flowers moves to WR.
Bench is best option if cwt wants to save his job unless woulard gets waver
I agree, but coach likes Flowers more, so he'll probably get the nod.
If Taggart is not over that mindset he better polish his resume. We need the qb that will give us the best chance to win out there. If it's Bench, then play him. It sounds like he has been more consistent the last couple of days. He just needs to tighten up on throwing those ints , but it seems like everyone is throwing them.
He'd better start Flowers in a READ OPTION RUN offense. I'm not sure what system you guys think we're running but we're a read option team. Just like Auburn. I'd think more Nick Marshall ... If the QB in this system is not a real threat to run, this system doesn't work.
Not sure if you've been following along but Bench its plenty capable of running in TDs. If you watched last year unless you have a passing threat Ds will Tee up on the running QB...

Tell that to Georgia Tech...

Lol...do you even lift bro?? We are no GT.

If Bench wins the starting job I'm ignoring USF and will go balls deep with UCLA... I have a connection there too (or rather here)... I'll see USF when they get a QB and Coach.

Don't pout its unbecoming of you ;-)

Don't pout its unbecoming of you ;-)

waiiiit.... you guys are talking about pounding?   lol

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

All these practice sessions are for the coaches to see who can QB best. This is not how the offense will run and is not indicative of anything this year.

We all know that the running game is the bread and butter of this offense.

As for the QBs, I think they are both serviceable, with the nod to Bench for having more experience. 3rd and long, I would not place my bets on our QBs!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I'm driving home and will post some thoughts later.

From what I've seen from Flowers, I think he's improve immensely from last year but still got a ways to go.definitely the better runner but ew need a QB. Looks like he's developed the deep ball but the shorter throws that move the chains are not there. This offense needs a pass threat otherwise it will be another stifling year at USF.

I really don't care who stays as long as they give the team the ability to get some points. At the moment that seems to favor Bench. He needs to get the ints under control. I think Flowers needs more time. I don't want to see him thrown to the wolves again like last year...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

I am not a Bench hater.