• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

8/15 Practice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Has the hype bubble bust? Is reality setting? Are our qbs that bad? Is our d that good? Has the oline improved? Can the rbs carry the team? Can the receivers catch up? This and more next time on as the Bullspen turns

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

Has the hype bubble bust? Is reality setting? Are our qbs that bad? Is our d that good? Has the oline improved? Can the rbs carry the team? Can the receivers catch up? This and more next time on as the Bullspen turns

None of that will be answered until season actually starts and we play some games

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

None of that will be answered until season actually starts and we play some games

Oh I know, but it will be fun to watch/comment on the highs and lows that each practice will bring until then

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Woulard or we are ******

The fact he's taking snaps keeps me hopeful

The fact that it's with the third and 4th teams doesn't keep me hopeful at all. Either we run the triple option/read option the entire season or we will not win 6 games. Bench hasn't seen a DB he doesn't want to throw to and Flowers can't throw it appears. So... there we have it. Oh... by the way... I've followed Woulard's career pre-USF as I'm a UCLA fan also... he's not that good which does not make me that hopeful for next season.

Way to flush my hopes man... lol

It's one persons opinion. His opinion doesn't mean too much until we actually see Woulard play in a game.

I'll say this... if you think Woulard is the next great thing... you're going to be disappointed.  Fans were as bad on him as people are Bench out here.  While he threw a nice spiral, he has no decision making ability live action.  The lights literally go out.  If the game was played 7-7 or in non contact drills, he's your guy.  I'm sure he looked great against the 3rd and 4th team defense.  Oh... not just my opinion.  Stop by the Bruins 247... not just my opinion. 

The QBs you are comparing him to are 100 times better than his competition here.  And it is a completely different system.  On top of all that, you never really saw much of him in a real game.

I have no idea how good or bad AW is.  But I guarantee he throws the ball much better than anyone else we have on the roster.  Not true at UCLA.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Ton support m,y post above I will refer to our win, over FSU in Tally under an inexperienced BJ, who i compare to Flowers

BJ ran the ball 23 times for 126 yds. The offense ran the ball 42 times for 153 yds

BJ threw the ball 21 times completed only 8 for 215 yds and 2 TDs, he also had 2 ints

Defensively FSU threw the ball 37 times completed 25 for 264 yds but ran the ball 27 times for 19 yds.

That's exactly the type of game pattern we will need to win 6 games this year. It's on the Defense and a QB that can run and manage the game and hit a deep throw once in a while

The FSU game was BJs first start and it was really unknown what his potential was. Flowers started last year and didn't accomplish much. Not sure how you can compare the 2 IMO.

Woulard or we are ******

The fact that it's with the third and 4th teams doesn't keep me hopeful at all.  Either we run the triple option/read option the entire season or we will not win 6 games.  Bench hasn't seen a DB he doesn't want to throw to and Flowers can't throw it appears.  So... there we have it.  Oh... by the way... I've followed Woulard's career pre-USF as I'm a UCLA fan also... he's not that good which does not make me that hopeful for next season.
Nothing personal Cali, but for the last 3 weeks you've been posting about how Flowers is the savior of USF and now you're giving up on him? And now Woulard sinks too?

He still may be... it's just my faith has been shaken by today's posts.

Pretty impressive since my faith was shaken by last year's appearances.  I figured you would have seen those.  

Tebow has been trying to fix his throwing mechanics with professional coaches for six years now.   It hasn't worked.   I'm not sure how we could expect Flowers to fix them in a few months.

Ton support m,y post above I will refer to our win, over FSU in Tally under an inexperienced BJ, who i compare to Flowers

BJ ran the ball 23 times for 126 yds. The offense ran the ball 42 times for 153 yds

BJ threw the ball 21 times completed only 8 for 215 yds and 2 TDs, he also had 2 ints

Defensively FSU threw the ball 37 times completed 25 for 264 yds but ran the ball 27 times for 19 yds.

That's exactly the type of game pattern we will need to win 6 games this year. It's on the Defense and a QB that can run and manage the game and hit a deep throw once in a while

I never thought BJ was a Heisman Trophy candidate QB.  He wasn't the most accurate guy and his field vision wasn't the best.  I did love his competitive nature and raw talent and I would love to have him back for a couple more years.

Comparing his ability to throw the ball to QF is an enormous insult to BJ.

Woulard or we are ******

The fact that it's with the third and 4th teams doesn't keep me hopeful at all.  Either we run the triple option/read option the entire season or we will not win 6 games.  Bench hasn't seen a DB he doesn't want to throw to and Flowers can't throw it appears.  So... there we have it.  Oh... by the way... I've followed Woulard's career pre-USF as I'm a UCLA fan also... he's not that good which does not make me that hopeful for next season.

Nothing personal Cali, but for the last 3 weeks you've been posting about how Flowers is the savior of USF and now you're giving up on him? And now Woulard sinks too?

The TBP Scouting Combine must carry a lot of weight with him ...

No idea as to what you're talking about.  

TBP = The BullsPen

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Woulard or we are ******

The TBP Scouting Combine must carry a lot of weight with him ...

No idea as to what you're talking about.

TBP = The BullsPen

HA! NFD = No F'in Duh!!!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

The FSU game was BJs first start and it was really unknown what his potential was. Flowers started last year and didn't accomplish much. Not sure how you can compare the 2 IMO.

y

BJ had an entire year at USF before that game, something Flowers didn't have last year. He also had a better team around him than Flowers had last year.

I'm not going to tell you Flowers will be outstanding but he will be a lot better than what you saw last year.

I guess we will have to wait for the games to be played