• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Still Want An OCS?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Sorry, but I would rather have an on-campus college atmosphere over a NFL atmosphere.

Plus lets not forget the majority of us won't be able to afford to sit in the luxury recliners with the dual TV screens, and all of the other crap. So all of that extra stuff doesn't matter to the normal fans.

Edited by Dixie Bull
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Sorry, but I would rather have an on-campus college atmosphere over a NFL atmosphere.

I think most agree with you ... unless by "on-campus college atmosphere" you mean aluminum bench seating and chain link fencing.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I think most agree with you ... unless by "on-campus college atmosphere" you mean aluminum bench seating and chain link fencing.

Heck no, by on-campus college atmosphere I mean a real college atmosphere, not what UCF has.

I'm talking concrete and steel with a mix of bench seating and stadium seating.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

Seats with a chair back are the way to go for me. Cup holder just makes it a little nicer.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Isn't that really for people with some sort of deficiency that sit there really for no other reason than to say "hey, look at me!"?

Wait, didn't you say you prefer this:Mattel-FootballI.jpg

Over this, you don't get why anyone wants realism?madden-16-luck-2.jpg

Whoa I played the hell out of that old handheld football game with the dashes or dots.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

I would even take Michigan State's bathrooms to have an OCS.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

no matter how nice a stadium is....if a college team is playing in an NFL stadium then most people feel it really isn't "college football" atmosphere. 

win and it won't matter though.  we will get fans back into RayJay and eventually have enough of a donor base to build our own OCS.  We need to be able to have an OCS at some point in our future if we ever want to be anything more than a mid-major.  

Because no mid-majors play in an ocs ... It's a want not a need. Whether we remain a mid-major or not has nothing to do with where we play.

You forgot to point out how the Miami Hurricanes are nothing more than a mid-major because they don't have an OCS.

Or the Pittsburgh Panthers...

Or the UCLA Bruins... who play farther away from campus than USF does!

Tell me again how many National Title and Heisman Trophies that the Hurricanes, Panthers, and Bruins have??  Tell me again how they were 'starting up' in the BCS era where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.  

OCS is not the only thing that brings success but in today's environment we will not be able to climb into the upper echelon of football teams without one.  We need an OCS for atmosphere, we need it to give students more of an attachment with the program, we need it to bring alumni back onto campus.

Sure, Ray Jay was rocking when we beat WVU but how long are we going to hold onto that as an "example of what could be".  That stadium was filled with fairweather fans.  OCS brings diehard fans because the attachment isn't just to the performance on the field.  It is tied to memories and culture and experiences.  

If you guys don't understand that then I don't know what to tell you but you can't compare USF in 2015 to Miami playing in the Orange Bowl or UCLA playing in the Rose Bowl.  

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Trip, as I don't think you have been to UCF BHNS recently ( or ever maybe), but my wife and I have individual seats, a cup holder, I can bring my adult drink to me seat...and about two years ago, UCF requested additional Cell towers near the stadium so data is no longer an issue.

Come to a game, rather than speculate. I'll buy the before game beers and snacks.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Trip, as I don't think you have been to UCF BHNS recently ( or ever maybe), but my wife and I have individual seats, a cup holder, I can bring my adult drink to me seat...and about two years ago, UCF requested additional Cell towers near the stadium so data is no longer an issue.

Come to a game, rather than speculate. I'll buy the before game beers and snacks.

It's called poetic license, fnf ....