• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart and The Empty Cupboard

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Everything is in the cupboard except maybe a quarterback.

If Taggart is fired and another coach brought in, we'll here all about the cupboard being empty again.  And really, I don't see how anyone can say the cupboard is suddenly full.  These kids haven't won a thing.  We have no idea if they are any good or not.  Win some games and we can talk about the talent we have.  I just wish Taggart would stop blaming everyone else and take some responsibility.

Edited by ShadowBull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1) No the new jefe would not be able to use that excuse, he would be getting the keys to corvette. Unlike the rusted out dodge diplomat that Taggart received.

2) Coaching is a quasi form of politics, you always blame the last guy. I think as long as he's here that may be a perennial topic.

Much the same way Obama blamed W for everything even after he was re-elected.
You use politics as an analogy? What the hell does that have to do with anything?
Both professions share a lot of similarities: kissing donors asses, being a spin master, always taking credit when things go right, and for many coaches/politicians they pass the buck rather then shoulder the blame.

I take no credit for the Obama remark, people can draw whatever inferences they'd like.

True. but you can say that for just about any professional Jo b in America. Yes, the Obama remark was left field (or right field 😂😂). Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

If Taggart is fired and another coach brought in, we'll here all about the cupboard being empty again.  And really, I don't see how anyone can say the cupboard is suddenly full.  These kids haven't won a thing.  We have no idea if they are any good or not.  Win some games and we can talk about the talent we have.  I just wish Taggart would stop blaming everyone else and take some responsibility.

Link?

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Curious to see Bench operating out of the spread. Does he have experience there? Bench has Matt Grothe speed (first six yards are very quick) but if the QB is going to do "a lot" of running I think Flowers may have the advantage.

Matt never had breakaway speed, it was his elusiveness that was so dangerous, and Bench can't hold his jock in that department.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

If Taggart is fired and another coach brought in, we'll here all about the cupboard being empty again. And really, I don't see how anyone can say the cupboard is suddenly full. These kids haven't won a thing. We have no idea if they are any good or not. Win some games and we can talk about the talent we have. I just wish Taggart would stop blaming everyone else and take some responsibility.

Come on Shadow stop being so inflammatory ;-) I seriously doubt that the majority say the cupboard is empty now. We had freshman playing last year that were upgrades at numerous positions. Its clear that the athletic potential is much higher now. There are very few players that we will miss this year...

If Taggart is fired and another coach brought in, we'll here all about the cupboard being empty again. And really, I don't see how anyone can say the cupboard is suddenly full. These kids haven't won a thing. We have no idea if they are any good or not. Win some games and we can talk about the talent we have. I just wish Taggart would stop blaming everyone else and take some responsibility.

Come on Shadow stop being so inflammatory ;-) I seriously doubt that the majority say the cupboard is empty now. We had freshman playing last year that were upgrades at numerous positions. Its clear that the athletic potential is much higher now. There are very few players that we will miss this year...

LOL  Go back about three years.  The preseason discussion was all about how Leavitt had left the cupboard bare and it had finally been replenished.

We know what happened next.  If we win 8 or 9 this year, everyone will call Taggart a recruiting genius.  If we have another two or three win season, it will be because he did a terrible job recruiting.  That is just the way it is.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

If we win 2-3 games it will be because Taggart can't coach the talent not because Taggart couldn't recruit talent here. We have better players now so if we have a new coach next season he won't be able to use an empty cupboard as an excuse

If we win 2-3 games it will be because Taggart can't coach the talent not because Taggart couldn't recruit talent here. We have better players now so if we have a new coach next season he won't be able to use an empty cupboard as an excuse

Link?

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Tell the truth I'd be happy if there was a coup and another head coach for the start of the season.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

Link?

See the last 2 seasons where our offense has been ranked 100+ in just about every category and the only bright spot has been Mack but Mack can't run the ball every play