• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Release: USF Announces Staff Additions, Roster & Depth Chart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Running the Bulls â€@USFBulls_Rivals  24m24 minutes ago

#USF RB signee Trevon Sands will delay his enrollment due to an  academic issue, but will join the program in '16. https://usf.forums.rivals.com/threads/trevon-sands-to-delay-enrollment.2031/…

This one doesn't hurt...I didn't see him making an impact in 2015.  Hopefully he's not another academic casualty, no matter if he comes to USF or not.  I hate to see kids with a chance to get a free ride in college not be able to take advantage.

What's tough about him is that he appeared to be fully committed to us for almost a year ... love that long term dedication.

I thought Sands committed in 2013.  I think he's been committed for 2 years actually.

March of 2014 ....  http://247sports.com/Player/Trevon-Sands-34397/TimelineEvents  You may be thinking of Marquise Bryant who committed in 2013 .... but then committed other stuff.

Yeah... I could be wrong.  But you're right, the kid was committed for a while and literally USF was the school he wanted to play for.  He grew up a fan... Those are the kids we need.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think in a more traditional D Auggie would be fine but a lot is on his shoulders in this defensive scheme...somehow he reminds me of Lanaris who was also more suited for stopping the run but hurt me more than once...

Just my opinion, I think he might be better suited in this D.  We have 5 DBs.  That would allow him to focus on stopping the run first

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Running the Bulls â€@USFBulls_Rivals  24m24 minutes ago

#USF RB signee Trevon Sands will delay his enrollment due to an  academic issue, but will join the program in '16. https://usf.forums.rivals.com/threads/trevon-sands-to-delay-enrollment.2031/…

This one doesn't hurt...I didn't see him making an impact in 2015.  Hopefully he's not another academic casualty, no matter if he comes to USF or not.  I hate to see kids with a chance to get a free ride in college not be able to take advantage.

What's tough about him is that he appeared to be fully committed to us for almost a year ... love that long term dedication.

I thought Sands committed in 2013.  I think he's been committed for 2 years actually.

March of 2014 ....  http://247sports.com/Player/Trevon-Sands-34397/TimelineEvents  You may be thinking of Marquise Bryant who committed in 2013 .... but then committed other stuff.

Yeah... I could be wrong.  But you're right, the kid was committed for a while and literally USF was the school he wanted to play for.  He grew up a fan... Those are the kids we need.

There are a lot of those kids, just happens that most of them aren't 3 or 4 star players who we can go after like the Big 3 can. 

Hopefully he gets things resolved and is on the roster next year. Hopefully we go through this year with Mack and Johnson taking all the snaps at RB. I don't expect blowouts from this roster, so even if we're winning I don't see us going deep into the backups.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

Big time loss in Calloway. We just don't have the depth to take the loss of a starter at any position, let alone DT. I was beginning to think with Senat and Calloway we were going to have a pretty solid starting set of DTs, but in true USF fashion that is now out the window.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

staff additions?

who is our starting qb

the most important position in the program

Edited by smazza

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Losing Harley & Calloway definitely do hurt, but if the team is more cohesive without them, all the better.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I think in a more traditional D Auggie would be fine but a lot is on his shoulders in this defensive scheme...somehow he reminds me of Lanaris who was also more suited for stopping the run but hurt me more than once...

Just my opinion, I think he might be better suited in this D. We have 5 DBs. That would allow him to focus on stopping the run first

I could be wrong but I guess we will see. My concern is he has a lot of lateral space to cover b/c of the scheme. You have the stinger and husky in coverage and on the d line leaving Auggie in the middle. He is going to have to make good decision b/c I dont think he is that quick laterally but he was a frosh last year so he could suprise me. I hope to say I was wrong! GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

For your consuming pleasure...

Bulls Roster 2015.pdf

Edited by BDYZR

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Got to feel a little bad for Kennard ... Are there any opportunities at all for him to get on field, non special teams ... barring rash of injuries?

Hey... I checked out the offense from the spring and he'll actually be on the field a lot on 1st and second downs.  The fullback is a H-back and subs in for one of the slots when they run.  They also do the same with TEs... He'll see carries too.  He runs too good not to.  He just has to hold the ball this year.

This isn't a passing spread... it's a run first spread.  It's more Auburn than Mizzou

I attended a few of the open spring practices and the final scrimmage and I remember seeing him of the field quite a bit.  I'm not sure the spread we run is exactly like Auburns but they are pretty similar. 

Glad to hear that ... I liked the way he caught the ball ... but only if ....

yeah dude... me too...  but only if he doesn't fumble... because he had a case of the dropsies last season.

I hope to see quite a bit of Kennard. USF over the years has, for the most part, underutilized, FB's with the exception of Crossley (He is USF's second all-time leading rusher with 1,762 yards, 4.8 yards per carry and rushed for 17 touchdowns during his four-year college career.).

I thought that Richard Kelly should have gotten  a lot more carries. He once fumbled a ball and that seemed to put him in the dog house forever.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Sanchez reminds me nothing of Lanaris.  Lanaris had no hips and couldn't play either the pass or the run.  He was simply a Holtz favorite.  He was super slow and not athletic at all.  The only reason he started was Holtz... Leavitt had no confidence in that guy and he never even saw reps... but Holtz in his clever talent evaluation did not play the three best guys when he was there.  Lanaris was terrible, he played on skates and couldn't make a tackle within 2 yards of the line of scrimmage to save his life.  You want to see something funny, look at the highlights of other teams we played and I'm sure you'll see him running around in the middle like a weeble wobble