• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Release: USF Announces Staff Additions, Roster & Depth Chart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Running the Bulls â€@USFBulls_Rivals 24m24 minutes ago

#USF RB signee Trevon Sands will delay his enrollment due to an academic issue, but will join the program in '16. https://usf.forums.rivals.com/threads/trevon-sands-to-delay-enrollment.2031/…

This one doesn't hurt...I didn't see him making an impact in 2015. Hopefully he's not another academic casualty, no matter if he comes to USF or not. I hate to see kids with a chance to get a free ride in college not be able to take advantage.

I do think it could cause a depth problem down the line. We don't have any Fr or RFr running backs. Next year is Tice's last year, and the one after would be Mack and Johnson (assuming Mack didn't leave early). Would be great to have Sands practicing and redshirted since come next year he was going to be the only underclassman on the roster barring future recruits.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

Tyler Pippins is an incoming freshman. He should be a solid pick up as a walk-on.

#USF RB signee Trevon Sands will delay his enrollment due to an academic issue, but will join the program in '16. https://usf.forums.rivals.com/threads/trevon-sands-to-delay-enrollment.2031/…

This one doesn't hurt...I didn't see him making an impact in 2015. Hopefully he's not another academic casualty, no matter if he comes to USF or not. I hate to see kids with a chance to get a free ride in college not be able to take advantage.

I do think it could cause a depth problem down the line. We don't have any Fr or RFr running backs. Next year is Tice's last year, and the one after would be Mack and Johnson (assuming Mack didn't leave early). Would be great to have Sands practicing and redshirted since come next year he was going to be the only underclassman on the roster barring future recruits.
Edited by WeWere#2Once

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Tyler Pippins is an incoming freshman. He should be a solid pick up as a walk-on.

Hope he's good but I would be shocked if he was in the same class as Mack and Sands.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

Running the Bulls â€@USFBulls_Rivals  24m24 minutes ago

#USF RB signee Trevon Sands will delay his enrollment due to an  academic issue, but will join the program in '16. https://usf.forums.rivals.com/threads/trevon-sands-to-delay-enrollment.2031/…

This one doesn't hurt...I didn't see him making an impact in 2015.  Hopefully he's not another academic casualty, no matter if he comes to USF or not.  I hate to see kids with a chance to get a free ride in college not be able to take advantage.

What's tough about him is that he appeared to be fully committed to us for almost a year ... love that long term dedication.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Quick reactions:

OL: I am a little worried at the tackles, but could be just b/c I don't know much about them

QB: is Steven's named first alphabetical or seniority or is he ahead??

KR: I miss E. Randolph but maybe DJ can make something happen. Dont think we can afford to have Adams get hurt. I think he is going to be one of our key play makers on O.

WR: This could be the best set of recievers we had in a long time.

RB: **** HOMEY!! Maybe the deepest set of backs in USFs CFB history

PR: Excited to see Hassan take a few to the house!

DL: freaking excited about the athletes

LB: Like what I see. I am hoping, ability wise, Auggie isnt picked on during the run. I do think he will be a great leader on D. Little concerned with frosh Danny backing up the D's QB.

DBs: having a bad spell of DBs going back all the way back to after Wally left. I am looking forward to this year and having some lock down corners again...

Kicking: maybe I have been spolied at USF but I feel this may be the most consistent part of our game and see no reason for this not to continue

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I think the OR's are alphabetical.  Neither of the Qbs are the complete package, but I think Bench could get us to a Bowl game if given full reigns.

I kinda want to see Daniel Awoleke out there this year at DE, what he was able to do in the Spring Game was impressive, he wins his matchup more often than not, and he can cause some damage if he gets the QB at 6'5" 270.  No mercy this year.

Auggie's strength is against the run, just doesn't have the pass rush abilities as some other LB's on the roster, which shouldn't hurt too much since I think he'll be right in the middle ready to stuff the run or protect the flat.  I think him and Harris have a good chemistry out there.

I'm hoping that Taggart's O-line recruits totally win the starting jobs this fall. I'm not really kean on Thor starting even, time for fresh blood on the O-line.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I think in a more traditional D Auggie would be fine but a lot is on his shoulders in this defensive scheme...somehow he reminds me of Lanaris who was also more suited for stopping the run but hurt me more than once...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Got to feel a little bad for Kennard ... Are there any opportunities at all for him to get on field, non special teams ... barring rash of injuries?

Hey... I checked out the offense from the spring and he'll actually be on the field a lot on 1st and second downs.  The fullback is a H-back and subs in for one of the slots when they run.  They also do the same with TEs... He'll see carries too.  He runs too good not to.  He just has to hold the ball this year.

This isn't a passing spread... it's a run first spread.  It's more Auburn than Mizzou

I attended a few of the open spring practices and the final scrimmage and I remember seeing him of the field quite a bit.  I'm not sure the spread we run is exactly like Auburns but they are pretty similar. 

Glad to hear that ... I liked the way he caught the ball ... but only if ....

yeah dude... me too...  but only if he doesn't fumble... because he had a case of the dropsies last season.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

#USF RB signee Trevon Sands will delay his enrollment due to an  academic issue, but will join the program in '16. https://usf.forums.rivals.com/threads/trevon-sands-to-delay-enrollment.2031/…

This one doesn't hurt...I didn't see him making an impact in 2015.  Hopefully he's not another academic casualty, no matter if he comes to USF or not.  I hate to see kids with a chance to get a free ride in college not be able to take advantage.

What's tough about him is that he appeared to be fully committed to us for almost a year ... love that long term dedication.

I thought Sands committed in 2013.  I think he's been committed for 2 years actually.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

I thought Sands committed in 2013.  I think he's been committed for 2 years actually.

March of 2014 ....  http://247sports.com/Player/Trevon-Sands-34397/TimelineEvents  You may be thinking of Marquise Bryant who committed in 2013 .... but then committed other stuff.