• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Glen Bethel not on campus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Not a good sign, but we have seen this before. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

https://www.azwestern.edu/Office_of_the_President/academic_calendar.html

Here is the academic calendar. Shows grades were do on August 3rd.

Just because grades are due that date doesn't mean they'll be posted right after. Some schools will make the grades have to be approved by an administrator  or 2 which delays the process even further. I know when I was in law school it would sometimes be 2-3 weeks after grades were due for summer courses until they were posted. The professor had submitted them, but the administrator who needed to sign off on the grades was either out of town or on vacation. It's a crappy situation, but it is what it is. 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

I had a class that ended July 17th and only got my grades last week for it. Sometimes its reallly late

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

This is a big let down. I was hoping for a healthy Gibbons and a ready to go Bethel starting for the first game. Now, Gibbons hasn't been 100% and may not be ready to go and Bethel is a no show so far and has been missing very important reps to get comfortable with the team. Our OL was looking good for once, and now it's an unknown.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Danny Hope and Tom Allen are excellent college coaches so I have Hope. No pun intended.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I get what you guys are saying, but it's not true. Your grades may not be posted, but they're in the system and EASILY transferable to another institution. The minute I input the grade, it's in the school system and can be accessed. If USF put in a request for his grades because classes are starting here, they would have them within hours, not weeks. Whatever is holding him up is 100% not the time it takes from the final exam, to professor input of grades, to posting. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I get what you guys are saying, but it's not true. Your grades may not be posted, but they're in the system and EASILY transferable to another institution. The minute I input the grade, it's in the school system and can be accessed. If USF put in a request for his grades because classes are starting here, they would have them within hours, not weeks. Whatever is holding him up is 100% not the time it takes from the final exam, to professor input of grades, to posting. 

I hear ya.  Even if he does come, he has missed all of camp and probably would not start anyway.  If he is able to start after missing camp, we are in bigger trouble than we think. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Me thinks he is not going to be on the team.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

According to Joey Knight:

For those who have asked: OT Glen Bethel, the heralded juco transfer, not at #USF for summer session. Status for fall still unclear for now.

This was on August 4th that he tweeted. According to the arizona western college website: https://www.azwestern.edu/Office_of_the_President/downloads/2014-2015_Academic_Calendar.pdf

Summer classes ended July 31st. So if he is doing a class after the 31st he probably has a special arrangement with a professor that is outside the normal academic calendar, which could explain the delay even until now. Praying and hoping he pulls through in time!
7:50 AM - 4 Aug 2015
Edited by BULLZ