• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Glen Bethel not on campus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

You're right re: Mayes but my point still stands. It was definitely reported that Blackwood was cleared: "@MBakerTBTimes: Nature Coast alum DE Rohan Blackwood is academically cleared and good to go at #USF."

My point is only that with every passing day that he isn't there it's looking bleaker and bleaker. We've all seen this play out enough times to know that his absence and USF's silence on the issue is not a good omen. Hope he does show eventually.

I have intimate knowledge of the Blackwood situation and he was never actually cleared by the school.  He had a conditional admission but he had some things to do in the summer he did not get done.  That's why he wasn't admitted.  I'll just leave it at that.  Im not sure what that tweet was about... but I was never actually cleared by the school.  

Not to throw it back in your face or anything, but your statements on Blackwood last year were almost a mirror image of the comment earlier in the thread (not yours) that I originally questioned:

"Anyway... Blackwood is scheduled to report to USF in July. He was always scheduled to be there in July evidently as they knew he'd be arriving late."

and

"There was and is another issue and that's why he has always had a later date. I know exactly why he's not here and why he was scheduled for later."

I cannot recall a situation where I've seen this type of thing work out. That's all I'm saying. I really hope he qualifies. I'm sure it's happened somewhere, sometime in the past... but from my non-insider perspective, this situation doesn't look super promising.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

You're right re: Mayes but my point still stands. It was definitely reported that Blackwood was cleared: "@MBakerTBTimes: Nature Coast alum DE Rohan Blackwood is academically cleared and good to go at #USF."

My point is only that with every passing day that he isn't there it's looking bleaker and bleaker. We've all seen this play out enough times to know that his absence and USF's silence on the issue is not a good omen. Hope he does show eventually.

I have intimate knowledge of the Blackwood situation and he was never actually cleared by the school.  He had a conditional admission but he had some things to do in the summer he did not get done.  That's why he wasn't admitted.  I'll just leave it at that.  Im not sure what that tweet was about... but I was never actually cleared by the school.  

Not to throw it back in your face or anything, but your statements on Blackwood last year were almost a mirror image of the comment earlier in the thread (not yours) that I originally questioned:

"Anyway... Blackwood is scheduled to report to USF in July. He was always scheduled to be there in July evidently as they knew he'd be arriving late."

and

"There was and is another issue and that's why he has always had a later date. I know exactly why he's not here and why he was scheduled for later."

I cannot recall a situation where I've seen this type of thing work out. That's all I'm saying. I really hope he qualifies. I'm sure it's happened somewhere, sometime in the past... but from my non-insider perspective, this situation doesn't look super promising.

I get you... but in the case of Bethel he actually completed the class... they are just waiting on the official transcript.  That is the reason the listed him on the roster.  

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

and

I get you... but in the case of Bethel he actually completed the class... they are just waiting on the official transcript.  That is the reason the listed him on the roster.  

When have we ever been burned waiting on an official transcript? Something is tickling my mind, player, potential coach, something.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

and

When have we ever been burned waiting on an official transcript? Something is tickling my mind, player, potential coach, something.

Point taken.  He's not in until he's in.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

and

Point taken.  He's not in until he's in.

Schrodinger's Bethel!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

What about Glenlivet?

Prefer American Bourbon thanks.. Maybe a Knob Creek, or Buffalo Trace.. 

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Another week gone...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Another week gone...

Very weird, doesn't look good.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Unless his JuCo has an extremely out of the ordinary academic calendar, there is no way the posting of his grade is holding things up. My grades are done and official within days of the students taking final exams. I find it very hard to believe he finished his class weeks ago and people are still waiting on his professor to post his grade.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Days Won:  0

https://www.azwestern.edu/Office_of_the_President/academic_calendar.html

Here is the academic calendar. Shows grades were do on August 3rd.