• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Data On Plummeting Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So you lose 1 more game, it's nothing. You're down 1% in a poll and it gets chalked up to even when you factor in +/-. If it's attendance, it's catastrophic plummeting?

Um, ok. Everything is fine, apparently.

I feel better now.

Are you actually feeling bad worrying about those 400 fans?

I feel bad for those that wait until a problem is too bad to fix before they address it.

Boxing used to be a huge sport in this country, not that long ago.

The good old days.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2015/02/20/mayweather-and-pacquiao-announce-richest-fight-in-boxing-history/

So you are ok with five college football game per year, each being a $150 pay per view event?  Interesting. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So you lose 1 more game, it's nothing. You're down 1% in a poll and it gets chalked up to even when you factor in +/-. If it's attendance, it's catastrophic plummeting?

I feel better now.

I feel bad for those that wait until a problem is too bad to fix before they address it.

The good old days.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2015/02/20/mayweather-and-pacquiao-announce-richest-fight-in-boxing-history/

So you are ok with five college football game per year, each being a $150 pay per view event? Interesting.

Yes. I'm glad you picked that up from my post.

I feel better now.

The good old days.

So you are ok with five college football game per year, each being a $150 pay per view event? Interesting.

You said boxing is doing better than ever.  That is how boxing survives these days since the networks don't want it.  Was I wrong to assume that is how you wanted college football to evolve?

I feel better now.

The good old days.

You said boxing is doing better than ever. That is how boxing survives these days since the networks don't want it. Was I wrong to assume that is how you wanted college football to evolve?
When was boxing ever on network TV once cable and PPV came into existence?

And I don't believe I said it was doing "better than ever," but feel free to quote that statement so I can be reminded.

Edited by JTrue

I feel better now.

The good old days.

You said boxing is doing better than ever. That is how boxing survives these days since the networks don't want it. Was I wrong to assume that is how you wanted college football to evolve?

And I don't believe I said it was doing "better than ever," but feel free to quote that statement so I can be reminded.

At one time boxing was a staple on network TV.  Far bigger ratings and exposure than most other sports.  Large fights were watched by everyone, much like the Super Bowl.

It is now a fringe sport in the United States, because a lot of people in the sport were not looking long term.

If that is what you want for college football, then you should expect those in charge to ignore reality.  If you want college football to remain relevant, then a 7% decrease over five years is a huge warning sign that should be dealt with now rather than later.
Edited by ShadowBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

Just when one thought this thread couldn't any more ridiculous, a college football = boxing comparison pops up .... Gotta love the TBP.

I feel better now.

The good old days.

At one time boxing was a staple on network TV. Far bigger ratings and exposure than most other sports. Large fights were watched by everyone, much like the Super Bowl.

It is now a fringe sport in the United States, because a lot of people in the sport were not looking long term.

If that is what you want for college football, then you should expect those in charge to ignore reality. If you want college football to remain relevant, then a 7% decrease over five years is a huge warning sign that should be dealt with now rather than later.

I call 100% ******** on boxing EVER having been on network TV and getting better ratings than most sports.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

:popcorn:  :icon_drink:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Good thing the Tailgate party is this weekend, maybe we can set up boxing ring and have bullspen members duke it out, on PPV of course with the proceeding going to poor ole' college football with its no money or anything like that. I hope attendance declines to the point that they are playing just for me.  I couldn't care less how many people are in the stands at any football game as long as football exists. Oh and boxing was on network tv for a long long time. And btw its back on network TV.

I call 100% ******** on boxing EVER having been on network TV and getting better ratings than most sports.

You must be a youngster.  I will give you just two quotes, you should read the entire article.

http://www.boxingscene.com/pbc-on-nbc-reflecting-back-on-boxing-network-tv--88030

...Ali's power to pull pepole on national television never wavered as his 1977 fight with Earnie Shavers was aired live on NBC and drew a 37.3 rating and a 57 sheare, the highested rated program for that week....

...CBS was also delivering primetime boxing with their Pabst Blue Ribbon Bouts on Wednesday nights.  This series ran from 1948-1955 and averaged a 24.1 share through the duration of the series....

For comparison, Ohio State vs Oregon this year drew a 16.1 share.

You were saying?