• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time for the real USF football fans to stand up. State why you think we will have success in 2015

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

I spent my childhood in New Orleans before moving to Miami at 9 years old.  I am 37 and been a Saints fan since I was a kid. Anybody over 30 knows how horrible the Saints were. One thing I never did was **** on my own team. No matter how bad we got or how sorry our quarterback was, I always had hope that we would be successful and during our worse years, I was simply happy for whatever wins we got. In the end, my team has finally won a championship and success…well except for the last few seasons. The moral of the story is that USF like every other team goes through their rough patches. You guys aren’t the only team to ever suck. I never went to USF nor am I from Tampa. A matter of fact I graduated from UF and my first team is the Gators. I kind of became a fan because of my Haitian descent. At one point USF had like 14 Haitians on the team and I started watching the games because of that, but as I started going to the blogs, I fell in love with the USF journey to relevancy. (I think they need more Haitian players again lol) One thing that is not cool is how negative the USF culture has gotten. I know you are tired of losing, but s**ting on your own team will not help. Taggart has three years of great recruiting and the missing piece- the quarterback, should improve this year. I truly like Brett Kean and that Juco pick up has some decent footage. I predict Brett Kean will save this team as a true freshman like Hackenberg did for Penn State. We are loaded at wide receiver, so as long as you can throw a half decent pass, we should be fine in the new spread system. Personally, I feel we will have the best defense in the AAC. In the end, even if Taggart gets fired, the next coach will have a pretty awesome squad to work with, so stop being so negative. The future looks bright and the football Gods only reward those who keep faith in their team. As you can see, my Gators have not had much success the past few years, but we have a new coach and all we can do is give him the benefit of the doubt and be positive. Now I know what you are saying, how can I be a fan of both, but, I consider UF my wife and USF my mistress lol To be honest I spend more time in the USF blogs. I am a sucker for a good underdog story like Rocky so the journey is much more fun with USF. Trust me, these hard times will only make the good years feel even better. 

Brett Kean

Karsten Miller

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2468026/highlights/181834376/v2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

Oh yah?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

USF is my wife. Nebraska used to be my mistress. Always loved the triple option.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

USF is my wife. Nebraska used to be my mistress. Always loved the triple option.

My wife already said no to the triple option.

• Upvote 4

My wife already said no to the triple option.

They always do.

In all honesty, I give CWT a lot of **** and, I think, deservedly so this far in his time at USF. But I have to have hope for this year. Two years ago I was standing around a tailgate at UCF in mixed company and a UCF grad friend was asking me about CWT and whether I thought he was the guy. My response was, "He has to be." I can't stomach the idea of another 3 and out and another coaching search. But here are my reasons why I'm optimistic.

1) Year 3 is always when I used to kick ass in NCAA football on the Playstation and real life can't be any different.

2) People who are smarter than me thought he could handle this. They have to know something, right?

3) There's literally no way we can be worse.

4) I love college football and I don't want to watch teams I don't care about. I want to watch USF.

5) I have gone to mass pretty much once a week for CWT's entire tenure. That has to count for something.

6) God hates UCF and he can't let our current trajectories continue.

7) In Harlan I trust. 

8) I have a 5 year old and 2 year old, they need to see me cheer for my team once in their short lives.

9) My family is a bunch of Gators. I hate them (not the Gators, my family for wearing Gator stuff all the time).

10) We can't really miss out on a bowl for 5 straight years. Really. We can't. Can not. 

11) CWT seems like he has his **** together the few times I've met him.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

In all honesty, I give CWT a lot of **** and, I think, deservedly so this far in his time at USF. But I have to have hope for this year. Two years ago I was standing around a tailgate at UCF in mixed company and a UCF grad friend was asking me about CWT and whether I thought he was the guy. My response was, "He has to be." I can't stomach the idea of another 3 and out and another coaching search. But here are my reasons why I'm optimistic.

1) Year 3 is always when I used to kick ass in NCAA football on the Playstation and real life can't be any different.

2) People who are smarter than me thought he could handle this. They have to know something, right?

3) There's literally no way we can be worse.

4) I love college football and I don't want to watch teams I don't care about. I want to watch USF.

5) I have gone to mass pretty much once a week for CWT's entire tenure. That has to count for something.

6) God hates UCF and he can't let our current trajectories continue.

7) In Harlan I trust. 

8) I have a 5 year old and 2 year old, they need to see me cheer for my team once in their short lives.

9) My family is a bunch of Gators. I hate them (not the Gators, my family for wearing Gator stuff all the time).

10) We can't really miss out on a bowl for 5 straight years. Really. We can't. Can not. 

11) CWT seems like he has his **** together the few times I've met him.

There it is ..... The Big Guy obviously hates you. Stop that!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Don't mind the callout, gatorbull. UF is my mistress, used to wear the gear back in HS before USF football was born so I can't hate on the Gators. The sum of my USF gear before that first season was all the college of engineering t-shirts I overpaid for, and a USF cap. As de foosball grew, so did my gear.

I really like #4 (nailed it) and #7 above, and I believe in #3. For me, I'm optimistic (not confident) because:

A) Our D is going to gel and be strong enough to keep scoring under 28. They're looking faster and more energized than I've seen in 3-4 years. I also didn't see any instances in practice or the spring game where the corners lined up 10-12 yards off the line in short yardage situations, which had me stoked (hey, it's the little things).

B ) Our O line gets a couple of upgrades this year, which gives more time to the QB and potentially bigger holes for the RBs.

C) Mack, Tice, Johnson, Swanson. I'm not worried about our backs...at all.

D) The WR position has real talent, IMO. If they can keep their heads strong and get a pass within a 2-3 yd window, I think we have more than one way to throw the ball with success.

E) QB position is going to be better. Doesn't have to get great and have a phenom step out of the shadows, just have to be able to throw those 10-12 yard passes accurately and I've seen good potential there from Bench & Flowers so far.

F) Summer/Fall camp. Get comfy with the new spread and find the clear starter at QB. A polished version of spring game would make me feel pretty hopeful for the season.

That's my limit, but really depends on how the team comes together and builds each other up. This year could even be good if they refuse to give up, that's really my biggest wish anyway...kinda like the attitude in the last Q of the SMU game...every game, all game.

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Using the athletes as athletes will be telling on offense. If it comes to pass, we're going to be a lot better. And I've really got faith in this Husky defense. I think our guys on Defense are going to be all over the place, and having fun doing it. Which will be exciting to watch, and of course to witness. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Assuming "success in 2015" is defined as more wins than last year, the bar is set pretty low. 

Are we defining success as winning the conference championship? Not going to happen.

Are we defining success as making it to the conference championship? No, again not going to happen.

Are we defining success as a winning season (e.g. winning percentage over .500)...maybe.

Are we defining success as .500 and marginal bowl qualification...likely.

Are we defining success as just one more win than last season...not entirely out of the question.

Gotta remember, it's not like the rest of the conference took a year off. Not to pee in the punchbowl,

but thinking that "it can't get worse"...let's refer to some history of losing streaks:

Northwestern...34 games, New Mexico State...27 games, Duke...23 games, Temple...20 games & Florida State...at 20 games.

so although we may only win a handful of games per year, there's still plenty of room to put together 

multi-season losing streaks. And as long as we avoid that...we can paint with the 'success' brush.