• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time for the real USF football fans to stand up. State why you think we will have success in 2015

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

unless we have a qb play way beyond expectations we be middle of the pack of less

another disappointing and unachieving season

the good news is cwt will be done

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

unless we have a qb play way beyond expectations we be middle of the pack of less

another disappointing and unachieving season

the good news is cwt will be done

5855f2df6025f087651d54f4bf1b5709c4512387

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Personally gonna hold off for about 88 more days before I form an opinion.

I will say this, the biggest obstacle to this years football team will be Taggarts ego.

IF  we can overcome that, we have a chance.

Is that still much of an issue after these first two seasons? I mean, he's eaten so much humble pie, he's voluntarily changing his build plan. I haven't seen a huge ego in his pressers, but maybe I've missed something along the way.

Was thinking the same thing .... and pretty much every hc at this level has an ego, or what can perceived as an ego, to begin with. Not sure you can be really successful without one ... but you can be unsuccessful in spite of having one, obviously.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Is that still much of an issue after these first two seasons? I mean, he's eaten so much humble pie, he's voluntarily changing his build plan. I haven't seen a huge ego in his pressers, but maybe I've missed something along the way.

I agree. I'm still hearing more over-confident coach-speech than I'd like, but I don't see much of an ego problem.

Honestly, I've pretty much stopped listening to coaches for a long while now. For them, it's a necessary evil that comes with the territory, but in most cases it's only good for the writers who make a living covering such things and fan fodder .... even more than ever now with the Interwebs.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Our conference sucks?

Jim, great breakdown of the talent - but it's not the talent that worries me. It's the coaching. I've seen nothing from CWT that shows he can call or manage a game. Without leadership, all that talent is wasted.

Here's hoping Taggs comes into his own this year and really shines in scheming, play-calling, and game management.

I must add that CJL and CSH were not very good during the game either... I mean, how many times did CJL have to burn two or three timeouts in the 1st or 3rd quarters?

All three coaches were awful at playcalling.  I could sit in the stands, look at the formation, and know exactly what the offense was going to run.... and I didn't watch game film.

Where CJL was really good was assembling talented players and putting them on the field.  I actually think CWT is a better recruiter than CJL.

My perspective: CSH was hamstrung by the old administration - basically returning our team to an FCS program in terms of talent.  So CWT was asked to take a team from the FCS level to a bowl game in three years...  Remember it took CJL four years to do that...

So yeah... CWT does have something to prove.. but I think he'll get there this year.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

I have confidence that USF fans will bring a lot of hope to the first opening game.

After that... well,... repeat the past two seasons

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

USF is my wife. Nebraska used to be my mistress. Always loved the triple option.

My wife already said no to the triple option.

LMAO! 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

Assuming "success in 2015" is defined as more wins than last year, the bar is set pretty low. 

Are we defining success as winning the conference championship? Not going to happen.

Are we defining success as making it to the conference championship? No, again not going to happen.

Are we defining success as a winning season (e.g. winning percentage over .500)...maybe.

Are we defining success as .500 and marginal bowl qualification...likely.

Are we defining success as just one more win than last season...not entirely out of the question.

Gotta remember, it's not like the rest of the conference took a year off. Not to pee in the punchbowl,

but thinking that "it can't get worse"...let's refer to some history of losing streaks:

Northwestern...34 games, New Mexico State...27 games, Duke...23 games, Temple...20 games & Florida State...at 20 games.

so although we may only win a handful of games per year, there's still plenty of room to put together 

multi-season losing streaks. And as long as we avoid that...we can paint with the 'success' brush. 

Best case scenario is 9 wins, but I will be happy at 7 wins and a bowl victory over a P5 like the year we best Clemson