• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any Other Cord Cutters Out There?

slick1ru2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Fortunately, I'm a Cowboys fan. No NFL package for me. The college football package is mandatory though.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Unfortunately Time Warner isn't on the ESPN ISP partners list. You get all the ESPN Gameplan games in HD online if your provider is a partner, on ESPN3.com.

Not sure if this is what you're talking about but TW shows up on the provider list on this page:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/channel/espn3#

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

May 21 Amazon Prime will start having older HBO shows like The Sopranos. http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=AP&date=20140423&id=17548024&ocid=ansmony11

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Still pay for cable and I don't see me cutting the cord anytime soon. If anything there is too much great cable TV out there that i will happily pay for (The Americans, Game of Thrones, Veep, Silicone Valley, Archer, Parts Unknown, The Walking Dead, Fargo, Vice, Workaholics, It's Always Sunny, Newsroom) and enough Network shows that make it worth it to me.  

Videobull.com for all those tv shows, or just torrent them.

Hate the cable bill, but i have to have it for football. Plus what good is a 60in tv without tv service? If it wasn't for football, I wouldn't have a tv set. 

Still pay for cable and I don't see me cutting the cord anytime soon. If anything there is too much great cable TV out there that i will happily pay for (The Americans, Game of Thrones, Veep, Silicone Valley, Archer, Parts Unknown, The Walking Dead, Fargo, Vice, Workaholics, It's Always Sunny, Newsroom) and enough Network shows that make it worth it to me.  

Hate the cable bill, but i have to have it for football. Plus what good is a 60in tv without tv service? If it wasn't for football, I wouldn't have a tv set. 

OTA broadcast. Picture quality is better than cable and satellite's HD Lite. HDMI from the laptop to TV on top of the watching TV from the ROKU, PS3 and Xbox 360 apps. The Xbox has the ESPN app to watch live college sports including all the ESPN College Gameplan games and in HD.

ESPN_Xbox_Home-610x250.jpg

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

OTA broadcast. Picture quality is better than cable and satellite's HD Lite. HDMI from the laptop to TV on top of the watching TV from the ROKU, PS3 and Xbox 360 apps. The Xbox has the ESPN app to watch live college sports including all the ESPN College Gameplan games and in HD.

I like the idea of a Roku, but I already have hulu and netflix options on my smart tv. I'm also a big NFL fan so ESPN app won't work for me. A lot will be determine who gets the new rights for NFL Sunday Ticket after it expires this year with Directv. 

Edited by deters-

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

This is funny.

It reminds me I bought a 50" TV on Black Friday and I watched it only once since I've owned it... A 50 minute episode of Breaking Bad.

What gets me everytime is thinking how much the cost of ESPN will be worth if instead invested and compounded over 20+ years... It makes it hard for me to do anything but find a way to compound as much money as possible. $300 per month at 12% per year over 30 years is nearly 1 million dollars. 1,000/month is 3.2 million.

I like the idea of a Roku, but I already have hulu and netflix options on my smart tv. I'm also a big NFL fan so ESPN app won't work for me. A lot will be determine who gets the new rights for NFL Sunday Ticket after it expires this year with Directv. 

Roku has 1200 channels, most are free. Hulu is one of the channels along with WatchESPN so if you have access to ESPN3com, you get the content that way too.

I watch what is on OTA and can watch any game afterward on NFL Rewind. CBS now has half the Thursday night football games. Anyway, I paid like $60/year for it. For that I have several years of entire seasons to watch along with the current season, a couple dozen of the best Super Bowls and all seasons of The Best 100 Players in The NFL 201X. So, I can wait to see the games. Plus they have coach mode with over over 20 camera angles and telestrator on tablets and also condensed mode. And the picture quality looks as good as Dish.  You can expand the game to fill the screen. I use an HDMI cable to my laptop to watch on my TV.

nfl_game_rewind2.jpg

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Would be appreciated if somebody could pm the site in Europe.

I cut cord a month ago and don't miss cable one bit..I have a ps3 would a roku be worth it for me??

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm convinced I should cut the cord, but my wife is not.  I've been watching game of thrones by torrent since I don't have HBO and don't see an issue doing that for the rest of the shows I watch, which are becoming fewer and further between.  On top of that I'm under the impression that basic cable comes with cable internet as there is no way to isolate the signals (can anyone confirm or deny?).

Between Netflix, Torrents, and life in general I think we could do without.  Sports are the biggest drawback to cutting the cord, but I should be able to get the local channels for NFL games through basic cable (if what I asked for confirmation is correct).  I just lose HD, which is a little terrifying.  And since I'm in New York all USF games should be available on ESPN3.