• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Spring Practice Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

CB is deep so Barr would really have to be a player to see the field there. With Wilkins, Hoggins, Hampton, Culpepper, and young guys like Roberts, or maybe Vince Davis it's going to to be a tough road for Barr to see the field.   But, if you can't catch you're not a receiver so you might as well try to get the speed and athleticism on the field another way 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

CB is deep so Barr would really have to be a player to see the field there. With Wilkins, Hoggins, Hampton, Culpepper, and young guys like Roberts, or maybe Vince Davis it's going to to be a tough road for Barr to see the field.   But, if you can't catch you're not a receiver so you might as well try to get the speed and athleticism on the field another way 

I think Culpepper ends up moving back to Safety. 

2 hours ago, IBulleve said:

I think Culpepper ends up moving back to Safety. 

Definitely a possibility but he played well as a true freshman CB last season and we are more Safety heavy than CB heavy with most of the young guys.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

16 hours ago, E.T. said:

Love the move to DB for Barr.

Me too, he has pretty good speed and length, so maybe his WR time can translate to him being a ball hawk? If he can adapt, hope so.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518

Man the offensive line gets no love lol We all have questions about the o-line and I think Marlon Gonzales moving there will have a greater impact than Chris Bar’s move.

18 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Man the offensive line gets no love lol We all have questions about the o-line and I think Marlon Gonzales moving there will have a greater impact than Chris Bar’s move.

We will see if the move takes.  Sometimes these position changes workout but usually they're just precursors to a transfer/leaving the team.   Just like Barr, if Gonzalez is getting significant PT this season it means either we are in big trouble at his new position or they had some kind of epiphany.  There are a lot of bodies on the interior line and CB that were recruited and have had time at those positions so i doubt Barr or Gonzalez are anything more than depth this season, if they stick around after the spring...... 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878

14 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

We will see if the move takes.  Sometimes these position changes workout but usually they're just precursors to a transfer/leaving the team.   Just like Barr, if Gonzalez is getting significant PT this season it means either we are in big trouble at his new position or they had some kind of epiphany.  There are a lot of bodies on the interior line and CB that were recruited and have had time at those positions so i doubt Barr or Gonzalez are anything more than depth this season, if they stick around after the spring...... 

Too much realism...too much

dream+crusher.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

56 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I think that's a bit of an oversimplification. These two position swaps are probably the easier to make out of any potential move. Plus both these guys actually seem pretty well suited to their new position. We've had guys before move to the other side of the ball and really excel.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Would be nice if some of our DBs could put on the size to play LB...

39 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

I think that's a bit of an oversimplification. These two position swaps are probably the easier to make out of any potential move. Plus both these guys actually seem pretty well suited to their new position. We've had guys before move to the other side of the ball and really excel.

Not really.  Both positions are deep with guys who were brought in and have been recruited and developed to play those positions.  Both of these guys are behind the curve not just in development but also will have to fight for every single rep they can get because of how deep the positions are not to mention starting from scratch picking up their respective systems.   These switches usually take better when they're done when guys are young and have some time to get acclimated and when guys are getting reps due to necessity because it keeps them engaged.  We will see what happens but I wouldn't be waiting for either of these kids to world beaters.