• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Free USF Game worn jersey for renewing tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

4 thru 10 = Apathy .... just depends on which excuse you want to assign to it.

If you work during the week and can’t make the game that’s not apathy. Also apathy makes it seem like it’s the consumers fault where as naming the reasons helps to bring to light how we can make changes to be a more appealing choice for people’s discretionary funds. We have made decisions that led to this decline and we need to make decisions to fix them.

• Upvote 1

Which btw I believe we are doing, when half your schedule is seen as barely a step above fcs you don’t get the luxury of playing the warm up game, bringing in more p5 games by any means necessary, $99 season tickets, getting an early buzz by giving away items your just storing for no reason and increasing first day renewals by 20x, these are all good things to right the ship. Thinking you are entitled to support and blaming apathetic fans, not so much. Do something!

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

4. Schedule, both the days and times of the games as well as the teams on it.

5. When people stop going the atmosphere gets worse, it seems like the not cool thing to do, less people go and the cycle continues.

6. Instability of the program and a revolving door of the face of the program after greater than a decade of one person building something from nothing and spreading that enthusiasm.

7. College football in general facing declines.

8. Red seats and pirate ships.

9. Mall parking lot insane all day tailgating disappearing. 

10. The AAC

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

4 thru 10 = Apathy .... just depends on which excuse you want to assign to it.

I know four knocked me out last season. I have to travel over an hour and a half to games and can't make weekday games due to work and high school games that I am committed to. I'm also not affluent enough to be able to buy tickets and donate them as mentioned in the thread. So I think is valid for some. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

If you work during the week and can’t make the game that’s not apathy.

I agree with that and should probably have had it on my list, but you lumped opponents in there. If you're not going to games because of the other team that's apathy towards USF.

Also apathy makes it seem like it’s the consumers fault where as naming the reasons helps to bring to light how we can make changes to be a more appealing choice for people’s discretionary funds.

Apathy IS the consumer's fault when it comes sports attendance where distance, work and cost aren't involved. You either care enough to go support your team or you don't ....

We have made decisions that led to this decline and we need to make decisions to fix them.

What decisions did WE (I assume you mean USF) make that led to this decline? Only one I can think of is accepting the Big East invite ...

Edited by Triple B

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I agree with that and should probably have had it on my list, but you lumped opponents in there. If you're not going to games because of the other team that's apathy towards USF.

Apathy IS the consumer's fault when it comes sports attendance where distance, work and cost aren't involved. You either care enough to go support your team or you don't .... pretty simple.

What decisions did WE (I assume you mean USF) make that led to this decline? Only one I can think of is accepting the Big East invite ...

Yes we are USF. We were a founding member of the AAC and played role in every member that joined it. We allowed the less than $3 million dollars we received in media rights over dictate when we play. We wrongfully terminated the heart and soul of the program and replaced him with a skip holtz. We diminished tailgating. We raised prices as the demand plummeted. We reorganized the season ticket system. We valued habing more home games over having quality opponents.And most egregiously we reacted to the loss of fans by simply closing areas and tarping over others. The past few weeks we seem to be being proactive so I am hopeful for the future but most of our decisions outside of joining the BigEast were simply horrible and tone deaf to the consumers.

Edited by puc86

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Well the shade part is true and the red seats do stick out like a sore thumb when the place is mostly empty. Maybe we can just change our color scheme and mascot.

So we won't have any seats in the sun in an OCS?  Just trying to figure out the argument about it being hot in FL in Aug/Sept/1/2 Oct.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

#8 is just one of the many reasons that the OCS will help. RJS is not good on day games as the sun blasts the fans away on over half the stadium. Needs overhangs like Miami did. 

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I knew this was coming

Not to hijack the thread, but there is ABSOLUTE ZERO chance that students get to experience college game day at RayJay. Don't get me wrong, being at RayJay on game day is half the enjoyment... for those that are there. An OCS may not add one butt in a seat, but it will add to the experience of a kid at USF. Just my 2¢

GO BULLS!

16 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

So we won't have any seats in the sun in an OCS?  Just trying to figure out the argument about it being hot in FL in Aug/Sept/1/2 Oct.

The other poster suggested that either Ray Jay or an ocs copy Hard Rocks canopy model, I agreed that more shade would be a better fan experience, not really sure how that could be questionable but it’s the times we live in I guess.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The other poster suggested that either Ray Jay or an ocs copy Hard Rocks canopy model, I agreed that more shade would be a better fan experience, not really sure how that could be questionable but it’s the times we live in I guess.

Haven't noticed that at Miami's field.  Is it working?  Didn't the Rays initial plan for downtown St Pete incorporate something like that?

9 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Haven't noticed that at Miami's field.  Is it working?  Didn't the Rays initial plan for downtown St Pete incorporate something like that?

People seem to be enjoying it. Yes I believe they did, not having more barriers to the sun is a real negative in Florida, I would even say it’s an issue of public safety.