• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN...UCF...REALLY?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

I have gotten so perturbed this year with ESPN calling us UCF. So I called them after hearing it again at halftime and during the highlights after our bowl game and the highlights played during the other games.

I forgot the guy’s name. It was not Joey Galloway or Jesse Palmer. I asked politely that he be informed of his mistake and if they could correct the highlights narrative. 

I was told that it would be passed on but not guaranteed that the highlights narrative will be corrected. But at least they know it was noticed.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

You would think that by now they would know the difference.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  41

2 hours ago, Z Bull said:

I have gotten so perturbed this year with ESPN calling us UCF. So I called them after hearing it again at halftime and during the highlights after our bowl game and the highlights played during the other games.

I forgot the guy’s name. It was not Joey Galloway or Jesse Palmer. I asked politely that he be informed of his mistake and if they could correct the highlights narrative. 

I was told that it would be passed on but not guaranteed that the highlights narrative will be corrected. But at least they know it was noticed.  

ESPN are fascist,  they believe in the idea of the ruling class.  Thus their attentions fall on those who 'matter' and everyone else is filler to them.  As long as there is a P vs G system it will be this way.  Learn to live in  the modern college football version's of the 19th century European political order.  My only hope is that in time, (rhetorically speaking of course) heads will begin to role and the masses will revolt and demand better. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

If ESPN displayed the AAC in a more positive light (which we deserve), they wouldn't have a leg to stand on during the next negotiations.  

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,726

I heard the UCF mix-up too (yet again!). I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but you'd think a paid sports commentator from the network that just broadcast our game would be acutely aware of which U from Florida he's talking about and not screw up the name. I doubt anyone at the network, however, gives a flip that it's like nails on a chalkboard to USF fans. We don't deserve that kind of respect from the mighty Egotistical Superior and Pricey Network. Now if we only had an on campus stadium and a conference championship and could beat a team with a pulse, that ESPN dude would be so fired! 

:FIREdevil:

Edited by Gat-Rat Bull

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698
  • Days Won:  2

During a picking game yesterday called the bear...the bot....the baby on espn. All 3 picked TT!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, mjadams said:

During a picking game yesterday called the bear...the bot....the baby on espn. All 3 picked TT!

I saw that...loved that all three were wrong. All three have losing records. 

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

ESPN sucks. I saw that during the highlight as well from that guy, who seems like a jocksniffing nerd btw. Espn uses to have great on air personalities but that has fallen way off IMO. Too busy blowing the SEC to know the difference between us and C.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294

25 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

ESPN sucks. I saw that during the highlight as well from that guy, who seems like a jocksniffing nerd btw. Espn uses to have great on air personalities but that has fallen way off IMO. Too busy blowing the SEC to know the difference between us and C.

Agreed. Growing up, I remember the hosts of sportscenter to be actually informed of the sports they covered and many went on to other actual journalistic endeavors, Keith Olberman anyone? But now, I don’t know if it’s my age (mid 30s) and a poor memory, but the show and the network feels more like a gambling website - what is with the constant sports betting lines and pick’ems - combined with a propaganda arm for the SEC and ACC. Does anyone notice this too?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

These people are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS meaning they are supposed to know their stuff and know more than the layman football fan, but they don't come off any more knowledgeable then me and my friends who follow college football. Most of them seem to just be biased for good ol boy teams and lacking in objectivity, and don't appear like true professionals, more like typical fans.