• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Must be more to the story...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, Viking_Bull said:

True but Flashy never won us a conference championship and our Flashy coach never won us a bowl game. 

GMTA!!! Jinx!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Flashy got us to 11-2. Bar is definitely higher for classy than when flashy got here ...

4 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Flashy didn't even win the division when we were favored to win the conference championship. Flashy usually burns out pretty quickly.

5 minutes ago, Viking_Bull said:

True but Flashy never won us a conference championship and our Flashy coach never won us a bowl game. 

Do you 2 not understand the concept of raising a bar?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Again, one side ..... the hs coach could have been a ****.

Hey I'm one of the few who were called "blind eternal Taggart optimists" and I'm also one of maybe a handful who will still follow him at Oregon as I'm planning a trip with some Oregon Alum friends to catch a game in Eugene this year. So no jilted lover syndrome either. Just saying it's deeper than kissing the ring. I saw a couple couches corroborate the tweet I posted and they were all newer couches to the area and were told at the couches clinic to reach out to Taggart for anything and he ignored them. I get it's one side of the story but when there is this much smoke there is some fire. It seems Taggart didn't much care to have a relationship built with any coaches which even in he day of Twitter recruiting that's still very odd would you not agree?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

32 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

There's really nothing for them to adapt to.  Their job is to coach and mentor young men, that's it.  The process is evolving to a place that their power beyond that is being diminished and he's not happy about it.  Look at the quote in my original post it's all "me, me, me" none of what he's describing has any negative effect on the players and their futures only on the poor ego of coach Garcia and those who think like he does.   Most coaches are uber type A personality people and they are the type of people that usually don't take kindly to losing power/people working around their power.  Garcia doesn't like that he's being subverted in the recruiting process and he sees this as a challenge to his power over his program (see players) and hes angry about it.  

By adapt, I meant a mindset, more than anything else.  I get what you're saying, and I agree ... we're definitely on the same page.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

34 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

There's really nothing for them to adapt to.  Their job is to coach and mentor young men, that's it.  The process is evolving to a place that their power beyond that is being diminished and he's not happy about it.  Look at the quote in my original post it's all "me, me, me" none of what he's describing has any negative effect on the players and their futures only on the poor ego of coach Garcia and those who think like he does.   Most coaches are uber type A personality people and they are the type of people that usually don't take kindly to losing power/people working around their power.  Garcia doesn't like that he's being subverted in the recruiting process and he sees this as a challenge to his power over his program (see players) and hes angry about it.  

But I don't see anything wrong in respecting the coaches of the players you are recruiting.  As mama said, never hurts to be nice.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I understand what that is but I would prefer a conference championship and bowl win over a 11-2 season. I really don't think the bar is set that high, 2 good years doesn't really set a bar for most fans. Now for some fans one good season sets an unrealistic bar.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

It seems Taggart didn't much care to have a relationship built with any coaches which even in he day of Twitter recruiting that's still very odd would you not agree?

First,  how do you know he didn't build relationships with any coaches? If there's nothing we've learned from the Internet it's that the chronic ***** and moaners have the biggest mouths. Honestly, though, it really doesn't matter to me if he had relationships with coaches or not. The proof is in the pudding and he's gotten some **** fine players to come here. CCS seems to have picked up the mantle with the short amount of time he's been here, but that jury will be out for a couple of years.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

But I don't see anything wrong in respecting the coaches of the players you are recruiting.  As mama said, never hurts to be nice.

100% agreed.  I think the best approach would be to try have a good relationship with the coaches and use modern means of contact with the players and families.  However, in the end the player and their family are who you have to win over so I understand the focus/lack ring kissing as a viable option as well.  

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

7 minutes ago, Viking_Bull said:

I understand what that is but I would prefer a conference championship and bowl win over a 11-2 season. I really don't think the bar is set that high, 2 good years doesn't really set a bar for most fans. Now for some fans one good season sets an unrealistic bar.

Maybe I'm the one who doesn't understand the concept of raising a bar .... When Flashy got here, to me, the bar was a lot lower than it is now ... get back back to winning seasons and bowl appearances. You know Skip totally destroyed the program, right? We are back to that point and now the bar is back up ...

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Maybe I'm the one who doesn't understand the concept of raising a bar .... When Flashy got here, to me, the bar was a lot lower than it is now ... get back back to winning seasons and bowl appearances. You know Skip totally destroyed the program, right? We are back to that point and now the bar is back up ...

depends on who you ask :D