• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ray Jay Lease Extended 6 More Years

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Apparently there aren't any sarcasm fonts on Twitter? Can maybe see some concessions revenue but the same revenues as the Bucs ..... good one, Collin.

8 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I don't read that as sarcasm. Now, in context, we aren't saying if the Bucs get $10 we get $10, but we are saying, if the Bucs get 2% of food concessions at Bucs games, we should get 2% of food concessions at USF games. Seems very reasonable to me, since it is a community stadium. 

And I said I think we should maybe try for some concessions revenue, possibly even some game day parking cut, but the Bucs get a ton more revenue than that from RayJay because of their deal.... maybe Collin couldn't correctly express himself because of the Tweet character limit.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And I said I think we should maybe try for some concessions revenue, possibly even some game day parking cut, but the Bucs get a ton more revenue than that from RayJay because of their deal.... maybe Collin couldn't correctly express himself because of the Tweet character limit.

I wish the Bucs saw us a partner and not just a revenue stream. (Pitt and the Steelers would be an example of the way it should be)

Here is the reality, the Bucs lease gives them the cut of concessions and parking that we should be getting. The Bucs are never going to give that up to us. The end result is we move out, the Bucs stop getting that money, and life goes on. (at some date down the road) The tweet in question is just to point out that our, publicly funded, community stadium does not treat USF fairly, because revenue streams we should be entitled to are contractually given to the Bucs. Having community outcry would be ideal, but honestly, not very likely. 

Somewhat off topic, I understood when teams had out of date stadiums and asked for a replacement. (I was all for building Ray Jay)

Now the trend is to replace perfectly modern stadiums, and that is scary. (Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Texas Rangers come to mind)

How many years until the Bucs need need a new, modern stadium again?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Don't fret. For all of you worried about USF's income, just got word that season ticket prices are going up for 2017. I don't blame them, you gotta cash in when you can. Who knows when we're going to see a home slate like this again?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

It makes be wonder if we should all lobby the TSA for better treatment.

Eric Hart, CFE
President & CEO
813-350-6500
ceo@tampasportsauthority.com

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

45 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Don't fret. For all of you worried about USF's income, just got word that season ticket prices are going up for 2017. I don't blame them, you gotta cash in when you can. Who knows when we're going to see a home slate like this again?

Seriously raising prices when the Stadium is half empty?

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318

12 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Basic economics, when demand is down and supply is up increase prices.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I sure hope we got a better deal. I get sick thinking of the Glazers getting money from USF for using a taxpayer built public stadium.

The best part is they used that money to help build the Tulane OCS.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

29 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

This is one of those rare times when I agree with you, although you don't stick your neck out nearly as much as you used to.  

If we want better treatment, we need to start filling up Ray Jay more.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

Terms of the agreement indicate USF will pay no rental fees, and only direct costs associated with its games. It must collect and pay to the TSA the same ticket surcharge as its prior lease deal: an amount equal to 8 percent of the price of the tickets sold, not to exceed $2.50 per ticket.

Direct costs for use of the lower bowl and two club lounges is estimated to be $172,000 for games with fewer than 24,000 participants, and $185,000 for games with more than 24,000 for the 2017 season. Rates for future years will be determined each July...

that's ridiculously high IMHO, but if that's what USF wants..

this is our lease with the city...(we extended it 'as is')

http://memphis.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=1394&meta_id=76876

63,000 per game to use the stadium and facilities...city gets parking and concessions, Memphis gets sales of NCAA licensed apparel and ticket sales.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  157
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Capital H said:

The best part is they used that money to help build the Tulane OCS.

Amazing.