• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    AAC_Championship_MensBasketball_Print_Full_24_CMYK.png
    American Athletic Conference Tournament

Next: @ UCF, Tue, 3/19, 9 pm, ESPN+

1 2 Final  
    #4 UAB 38 55 93  
    #1 Bulls 30 53 83  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPN2  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Defeated ECU 91-59

Tampa Bay Times

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

UMass. Have friends in Temple.

USF plays UMass at home this year. The return game in Mass is not for two years. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,412
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

They were losing millions doing what you (small minority of their subscription base) wanted.  So they followed the money, as any business must do.  

If you love your job, but your company lays you off, do you keep showing up to work for free?  I would imagine you would look for another job.  So must they.

And they're making money now? I don't think so. Writing positively about the BULLS would have absolutely ZERO bearing on the Times losing money.

My company had to find another revenue source doing the same thing we do. I found that source and grew the company from a single state to a multi-state company. If my company tells me to either change what I'm doing or I'm out, I'll find a way.

And yes, I love my job.

24 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

USF plays UMass at home this year. The return game in Mass is not for two years. 

You're right! We're going to Tulane next year, then UMass... Long range plans...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,603
  • Content Count:  74,045
  • Days Won:  421

On 12/30/2016 at 10:11 AM, Bear said:

Times should hire Collin

I agree. He would be perfect for the Times ...

2013 Was The Worst Attended Season in The BCS Era for USF Football, and USF Fibbed About It More Than Ever

by Collin Sherwin

We submitted a public records request to the Tampa Sports Authority for the actual attendance of every game USF Football has ever played, and here's what we found: USF is losing ground in terms of attendance and support, and 2013 saw the greatest padding of attendance numbers in team history.

The announced attendance by the TSA, which can be requested after each game, is the actual number of people that scanned a ticket (including students that used their ID back in the day) to enter either Tampa Stadium (1997) or Raymond James Stadium (1998-Present) to watch a USF Football game.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On December 30, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Bear said:

Times should hire Collin

Is that guy still hacking around the internet? 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

33 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

And they're making money now? I don't think so. Writing positively about the BULLS would have absolutely ZERO bearing on the Times losing money.

My company had to find another revenue source doing the same thing we do. I found that source and grew the company from a single state to a multi-state company. If my company tells me to either change what I'm doing or I'm out, I'll find a way.

And yes, I love my job.

Yes, they are making money now.  Things have stabilized between consolidation, smaller subscriptions, ads on the web for sensational stories as well as normal stories.  The new model is taking hold, and working.  The old model won't return.

17 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Yes, they are making money now.  Things have stabilized between consolidation, smaller subscriptions, ads on the web for sensational stories as well as normal stories.  The new model is taking hold, and working.  The old model won't return.

Borrowing $13mil and selling off assets to stabilize is a short term fix for a long term problem. 

But hey, the old model won't return and neither will I. And neither one will give a crap one way or the other.

On to 2017... GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I'm sorry to interject here but, The Times has just went through another round of downsizing. This was their third in the last 8 years. Any profit they have shown was do to the buts in their staff.  Just an FYI.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, Azmodi said:

I'm sorry to interject here but, The Times has just went through another round of downsizing. This was their third in the last 8 years. Any profit they have shown was do to the buts in their staff.  Just an FYI.

Of course they did, they just got done merging with the Tribune.  Obviously there was going to be another round of cuts.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Do you work for the Times? I did for 7 years. This is a draw down. The previous cuts from the Merger were done in May/June last year.

The Times is moving to an Internet only product. Just an FYI.

Edited by Azmodi